Sunday, March 29, 2015

Redeemed

Shopping has always been fun for me. Just recently I had a chance to shop for me. It was more fun since I was gifted a couple gift cards for my birthday.   I bought a lovely shirt I and a set of kitchen towels at one store.

At another store I was able to get bowls and luncheon plates to add to my new set of dishes.  It was fun to redeem my gift cards for items of my choice. Even better to have sales going on at the same time. I began to think about the word redeemed. It's not something we use in our daily conversation most likely. Dictionary meanings include... Redeemed.... means to gain or regain possession of something in exchange for payment. I thought about this since Easter is near.  I thought about what Jesus did for me.  I exchanged my life of sin for a walk with Him.  Another meaning for redeem is compensate for the faults or bad aspects of ......What my life was without Him. He redeemed me...and you! 

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight......In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it to the praise of His glory."  Ephesians 1:7 & 14 (ESV)   "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (ESV)    Have a blessed week, my friends!!

and



5 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen! I enjoyed all of your thoughts on redemption. You also found some very nice things for your gift cards. Your birthday keeps going on and on doesn't it?
Blessings,
Betsy

Terri Tiffany said...

You also get to extend your birthday a little longer! I love gift cards! Thanks again for such cute pictures and the analogy of what Christ has done for us. Happy Birthday!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love your pretty 'finds', Becky, and your fun blog banner! The dishes are really pretty. Redeemed is such a wonderful word, isn't it? A perfect word for Easter. Wishing you a lovely Easter, my friend, filled with blessings. Hugs xo Karen

Camille said...

What lovely finds! It's interesting how the *everyday* happenings of life can jog our minds and hearts into the spiritual application of it all. SO thankful that the Lord redeemed me!! How precious He is! May you be blessed as you celebrate His Resurrection this weekend. Hugs, Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

Beautiful, Becky...redeeming birthday gift cards and the greatest birthday gift of all time through Christ. Wishing blessings for you and yours always xx