Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beginning my Week

The days are longer but the work is still there. When I reach the end of my work week, I often wonder what I actually accomplished during those four days, especially at home. Often my evenings include going on a walk with Phil after eating dinner. Blogging or attempting to blog but am too tired from the day so I read other blogs and don't get anything accomplished. Or little accomplished! I am doing better at walking away from my smartphone and not looking at it in the evening. Don't turn on the computer. Worked on photos since I've got tulip photos to go through and get delete ones that are duplicates or bad. House chores, including menus for the week and staying on task with food for lunches since we work. Leftovers work. Cheaper than eating out, which I rarely do during lunch break. Clean ups in minutes in kitchen, living room, dining room.....through the week help the house look better. I get lazy about some cleaning but it needs done.  As in life's walk, I keep tabs on where my heart is with the Lord.  Where was I wrong this week to make it better? I try not to get upset at myself for wrong things. I heard something yesterday at a conference that was spot on! Don't tell yourself anything that you wouldn't want others to say to you...as in putting yourself down. Good thought!------Since it's tulip season we've had lovely tulips in our house, courtesy of Megan working at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm.  The other evening she said, "Mom, ya gotta come see this!"  So I walked into her bathroom and saw this lovely arrangement. I had to take a photo! The colors are awesome!  I laugh at the laudanum bottle in the back corner. She found it somewhere last summer. She studied criminal justice and she wanted to add it to her bottle collection.  Nothing in it, thank goodness!----A new week has begun and I look forward to what it brings. Work, love, happiness, staying healthy and putting up with allergies. Last week was busy but it ended well. I was at Faith and Culture Writers Conference and was blessed and encouraged.  I've much to show you in the weeks ahead, including Easter photos, tulips again and my experience at the writers conference.------Heading out to finish off this weekend soon with a walk in the lovely sunshine but it's chilly so need a light jacket. Still a chill in the air, and grass too wet to mow. It rained Friday evening....I had to drive home in the dark and rain...sigh. Never a favorite of mine.--------- "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, says the Lord, and I will be found by you." Jeremiah 29:11-14 -------Have a blessed week, my friends!
and


8 comments:

Linda W. said...

What pretty tulips! I still need to go through the hundreds of photos I took from our tulip farm outing.

Kathy said...

Lovely tulips, Becky!

I could so identify with your comments. I feel the same way as I work my way through the week. My house is always a mess and now it has gotten so bad that I am completely overwhelmed. Working, taking care of Joe and church has claimed all of my time. But we keep on keeping on don't we?

I like the idea of not telling ourselves things we wouldn't want someone else to tell us. I'm going to remember that.

aimee said...

Really, really love your tulip photo today! I am looking forward to later this week when our sun will shine again:)
Blessings, Aimee

Janis Cox said...

HI
I am following you from Still Saturday. Beautiful tulips. Our haven't even poked through the ground.
We wait.
Would love you to join Sunday Stillness.
Blessings,
Janis

Beatrice Euphemie said...

It is a struggle to keep up with everything that needs doing - sometimes you just have to 'let it go' until you feel more energy. The tulips are so pretty. It's nice that you take walks in the evening. It has been very cold here the last few days, with cold rain and heavy snow in the mountains. I am anxious to get outside once again. It's nice that you are being inspired with the beautiful scriptures and conferences. Hugs xo Karen

Becky L. said...

We have a tulip festival close to us and this is where these came from. Soon theu will be gone.

Terri Tiffany said...

We don't have tulips down here and they are such a beautiful flower! Your picture drew me in immediately!

Mereknits said...

Oh Becky we are so hard on ourselves aren't we? And there just does not seem to be enough time int he day to get everything done. Be easy on yourself my friend.
Meredith