Sunday, April 26, 2015

Wedding and Marriage Moments

 Just yesterday morning we prepped ourselves and drove into town for a wedding.  A young lady and her fiance' that go to our church wed. It was lovely and each wedding I attend still reminds me of ours years ago. Thirty-seven-and-a-half-years-ago.  It brings to mind what I felt then as a bride. Young and in love. It's fun to reminisce.

 I think of how we have grown deeper in our love for each other through the years. Adding a chapter that makes our story better, every year.  I read a verse of scripture in a book today that is worthy of sharing. 

"Is not wisdom found among the aged?  Does not long life bring understanding?"  Job 12:12  

Granted I'm not old but I am older than I was when I married at 22 years of age. So I've gained some understanding in marriage through the years. Things to do and not to do. Keeping God as head of our marriage is a must. Be an encourager to my husband, share decisions together, make an effort to make things work out.  Keep on giving to one another daily in little or big things when there is a need. Make my home a happy, safe, welcome place to be.

 "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11


We still have years ahead of us to keep growing together in love, word, and deed. Serving Him in our church and community. Being a light that shines in the darkness each day; helping others through their day.   I pray these things for our newlywed friends and others we know this year that are being married. I know of three more weddings approaching.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your heart to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  Colossians 3:16-17


&




4 comments:

Betsy said...

Lovely thoughts Becky!
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely post, I too have been married a fair few years 33 years actually and like you feel that our love for each other gets stronger each year. We were both in the Army my husband served 22 years I served 7 years. Thank you for your visit and lovely comments on my blog, I hope you will find time to visit again.

Camille said...

I love weddings! Yes, they have a way of influencing us in our own marriages, don't they? I especially am reflective when the bride and groom exchange their vows. Hugs to you! Camille

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Weddings are filled with so many hopes and dreams. It's so wonderful to have a long marriage to reflect upon and someone who shares all of your history! This year will be 43 years for us - the time just flew by! Wise words you have shared about marriage. So very true. xo K