Sunday, May 24, 2015

Song on a Beach Walk


 Last weekend I was on the WA coast with three of my girlfriends, having a good time. On Sunday a.m. we were walking on the beach once more together.  We were headed home in the afternoon.  As we were walking I felt a song coming on. We weren't at church but for some reason the ocean brings out the majesty of our God. How can any one say this world wasn't created by God? I asked Beth if she remembered this song and she helped me sing most of it. (We forgot a phrase or two). We were in choir in high school, both sopranos. It felt so good to sing it with her on the shore in the slightly humid morning. A song from our teen years.
Yes, Jesus is everything to me, today and everyday. Thankful He's been there in my yesterdays!!
{If you have trouble reading the words in the pictures, you can click on photo to enlarge it.}




 "I will give thanks to thee, O Lord, among the peoples, I will sing praises to thee among the nations, For thy steadfast love is great above the heavens, thy faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let thy glory be over all the earth! That thy beloved may be delivered, give help by thy right hand and answer me!" Psalm 108:1-6


You can hear the song here, sung by the Imperials


Linking up with


3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

So uplifting.

Kathy said...

Becky you brought back so many memories with that song. I sang it for the first time at a Leighton Ford Crusade I attended when I was in high school. Leighton Ford is Billy Graham's brother-in-law and was part of his team doing crusades.

I feel the same way about the ocean. I love to stand on the shore and sing "How Great Thou Art."

So glad you had time with your friend. Old friends are the best!

MilitaryPugWife said...

Love this. I used to sing in choir for years.