Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tooth-less Weekend

 It has been a lazy Saturday for me. On Thurs afternoon, I had a broken tooth extracted. Friday I sat around and didn't do much.  This a.m. after watching the Pioneer Woman cooking show, I went outdoors to mail a birthday card. Then I proceeded to chop some blackberry vines back that were encroaching on walking space on our sidewalk. Bending over to pick them up was the point where my body had a little yucky feeling....oops, I shouldn't have done that. But I paused and breathed. I got the few arms of vine into the yard debris bin. I came indoors.  Warm out. Later after lunch I took some allergy med and it helped me feel somewhat better.  After a rest, I decided to go through my photo files. Always a chore but fun to look at the photos of our trip to the coast in April. A whole lot of rotating and deleting going on to make my files more compact.

My lilacs near the end of the season, on a late April morning. The day after we got back from the coast.  I'd seen water drops glistening from the living room window. I grabbed my camera and went out and took a few photos.

Strawberry season is here but not for long. I really wanted more but didn't even feel like going out to get them with Megan. She said she'd take me. Nope. Go for me, take my card. So she did! We'll have some later.  Phil came home from work and brought me soup from the restaurant where he bought lunch. He knows I like squash so he got ginger butternut squash soup!! I peeked when I went to the fridge to put away the freshly made iced tea.  Oh yummy! Can't wait  to eat it with the sourdough roll that came with the soup!! Ginger is supposed to be good for the stomach and I know it will feel good going down. I can eat ok, just have to be careful on my right side....stay away from the toothless hole!!  I am feeling better now.  I am thankful for the beauty around me. Thankful for a caring daughter and husband. Thankful for God who cares and people who prayed for me. I was a bit apprehensive about getting my tooth pulled but it went well. Didn't feel a thing...dentist is a pro at it. Not had a tooth pulled since my wisdom teeth were out. I had that done when I was in the USAF. Not a fun time, I remember!  This was better by far! 
*******
After my little rest, I read from Romans, which we are reading for 52 weeks of the New Testament Bible study.  A couple verses I like:

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together."  Romans 8:16-17  NKJV

Have a blessed weekend, my friends and enjoy some lovely springtime weather. Praying for the people in Oklahoma and Texas that are having storms and severe flooding. 

9 comments:

Linda W. said...

Beautiful lilacs! Glad your tooth extraction went okay. My son and I picked strawberries today and then spent all afternoon making jam. I am pooped! Have a great rest of your weekend.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad the extraction went well, here's hoping you will feel better soon. I also had a wisdom tooth extracted whilst in the military. It is still a little early for the strawberry season to start here.

Betsy said...

Those strawberries look delicious Becky. I hope you've had a chance to enjoy them by now since I'm late in commenting...again. Glad the tooth extraction went well and I hope you are well on the way to a full recovery. Dental work is never fun.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

No fun to have a tooth extracted but once it heals you will be so much better. Those strawberries look delicious!

Michelle H said...

Catching up on some of my blog reading - I have a broken tooth, ugh. We've just started seeing a new dentist, so will probably get that sorted soon. I love that your church cares for families with new babies that way. We were part of a rather stinky church for too long that didn't, and when a couple friends brought us food, anyway, it just meant so much! It was fun to see your post about Astoria, hubby and I were both born and raised here. We used to go to the Liberty Theater to watch movies when we were kids, when tickets were $3.50, haha! As a child I was completely obsessed with the purple glass. I always wished I could have them. Gorgeous. Two years ago my husband and one of our sons took part in the Great Columbia Crossing and walked across the Megler Bridge. They had a lot of fun, which kind of surprised me, hubby isn't so crazy about bridges! I hope you're feeling better with that tooth out, and that it heals nicely!

Carol Z said...

I hope you're all recovered from your tooth extraction. Lilacs are my favorite flowers and I so enjoyed seeing your photos.

Teresa Kasner said...

Eek, getting a tooth pulled is a bummer.. I hope it heals up fast for you. Have a good week and weekend ahead. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

Ah, our lovely native PNW blackberry vines. I was just looking at one that has decided to grow in the midst of our salal. You have my empathy for sure. Sorry about your tooth. I am glad you were doing better today:)
Blessings, Aimee
PS: LOVE those lilacs!

Karen Perry said...

You had quite a busy day! Your lilacs are very beautiful - I just planted two bushes in my backyard - they have a few small flowers and some unopened buds - hopefully, some day they will look more like yours! Now I'm hungry for strawberries! Can't wait to go out and pick some soon.

Karen Perry @ Brookside Dental Care