Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Weekend Fun

 A trip to the coast is something I enjoy. This last weekend I drove three girlfriends to Astoria, OR for another 60th celebration. We stopped downtown and did a bit of shopping. This building is the Liberty Theater. We passed it on our way to a bookstore and a gift shop.
 I liked the inlays on portions of the sidewalks. Old, worn, some blocks missing. I took a photo even though I really wanted a purple piece as a souvenir. I knew it was NOT an option with good consequences, most likely!!!
 Laura, Sandy, Beth and I stopped in at Godfathers coffee and bookstore to get refreshment. Beth bought all of us hot drinks. I walked around with really hot tea. I should have asked for cold milk. The man handed me the hot frothy milk and I didn't realize it til it was too late. I finally got it cool enough to drink without burning my gullet!!! Categories of books were spelled in Scrabble letters. I came across Jane Kirkpatrick's Aurora book here. I didn't buy it since I already have one.
 Heading back to the car, I noticed this nice trash can. What a novel way to make a town look different with historic salmon cans.
 Fast forward to Sat a.m. where I saw this view out my bedroom window in Ocean Park, WA. This is across the Columbia River, where I drove over the Astoria/Megler bridge after we left downtown Astoria.  Below is a selfie of me on the beach that a.m. with my friends. I attempted to take a photo of my friends behind me. When I looked later, I got only photos of my fingers!!!

 
 Old car we saw as we were going into a store in Ocean Park. It has an exterior of one car with another type car for the body. He had quite the horns on it.
Kites of all sorts flying on the boardwalk at Long Beach. Cloudy day but it was nice. We went on to see a couple lighthouses. It did get warmer as the day passed by. I will be back with more of our weekend. These are photos from my cell phone. I had a little bit of time this evening to work on a post. I have been busy since I got home Sunday evening. A load of laundry to do that evening. Worked the next day even though I really wanted to have a day off. It was all I could do to muster myself out of bed and go to work. But I did it!! Stay tuned ......so take care and will be back with photos of life's happenings in my corner of the world!!!

10 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I loved the scrabble letters used on the bookshelves. I might try to do that with my craft books it is such a great idea.

Janet Coffield said...

Glad you are having a good time with your friends... :) Thanks for sharing! Have a great day! ~ Janet

Terri Tiffany said...

First I am way jealous that you have friends close by to go celebrate that way! I would have loved that! So fun! I enjoyed your photos as you have an eye to what to take pictures of!

Linda W. said...

A girl's weekend on the coast? What could be better! Looks like you and your friends had blast.

Mereknits said...

Becky, it sounds like a wonderful trip. Hugs and have a great weekend,
Meredith

Betsy said...

It looks as though you had a fun weekend with friends Becky. I particularly like the salmon trash cans and the scrabble letter spelling the book categories. So imaginative. I would never think of things like that. I'm a pattern follower! :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

We absolutely love Astoria! If you ever have a chance to eat at Buoy 9 in Warrenton, you won't be sorry you did! There is a new kid in town. If you have a chance to pop by my blog you'll see Mystery Baby revealed! Have a super blessed day, my friend!

Kathy said...

What a fun weekend! I would have loved to go with you. Using scrabble letters for signs is so cute. And any time I can get to the shore is wonderful. Can't wait to see more.

aimee said...

Yippee! Photos from my favorite town on the Oregon coast! Love the salmon garbage can and the historic Liberty Theater, of course. You are one BRAVE woman to drive across the Astoria-Megler Bridge...I am TOO scared to even be a passenger in a car going across it:)
Glad you had a good time.
Blessings,
Aimee

kathy b said...

Someday...an Oregon vacation. Loved seeing yours