Friday, July 24, 2015

Girlfriends: Black & White Photography Challenge--Day 10

The latest and last challenge is black and white photography. Years ago, when I was just a little baby, there was only black and white photography. I grew up with a Brownie box camera that took black and white photos. My mom let me use it at outdoor school, when I was in the 6th grade, oh so last century! I made my first double exposures on it,
 by accident.

 Three of my growing up years girlfriends were with me earlier in May for a beach getaway.  I shot this photo as they were ahead of me on the boardwalk with kites flying over head.  An appropriate shot for memories of years gone by. Gone are the school days, we are grown women, two of us grandmothers. I am so thankful my friends and I remain in touch with each other, through good and bad times. We had a great weekend and will be sharing more of it with you in the coming week!!!  I changed this photo from color to black & white for this challenge, tweaking it a bit to my liking.

I hope you all have enjoyed the posts these two weeks of my photography. It has been challenging to keep up with it but in return I've learned some new things about photography and how share via the internet. It's been fun looking at other people's photos in the challenge as well! I still need to go back and take notes to use later. 

Linking up with SITSgirls photography challenge.




{Contents of this entire blog is copyrighted and not to be borrowed without permission.}


7 comments:

Pegi said...

I love this! What great memories.

mamasmercantile said...

My daughter had some very artistic wedding photos done at her wedding last year and that brought back some lovely memories of a bygone era. Your photo was an amazing shot.

Kathy said...

I love this picture. I think this is my favorite of all that you have posted. Black and white is perfect for this shot. I remember my brownie camera also. I used to take double exposures on purpose to get ghostlike effects. I've enjoyed your photo challenge.

Camille said...

Friends from childhood are treasures! What a blessing you have kept in touch with these three through the years. Hugs, Camille

Betsy said...

Beautiful Becky! Memories. This was a perfect shot for black and white.
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What an amazing photo, Becky! Love the story behind it, too. Those black and white photos just say so much! xo K

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love those photo challenges. I was scrolling through the rest of your photo challenge pics and enjoyed them very much. I think this is my favorite one. So happy that you got to have a beach getaway with your old friends. Have a wonderful weekend!