Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July America!! 2015

 Flag bearing, picnic eating, fun times in the hot summer!! We enjoy a good rodeo that is west of us in St. Paul nearly every year. These images are from last year's 4th of July. We like the fact it is family friendly and the announcer prays before the start of the rodeo. He thanks God for our country and for the men and women who fought for the country. The music is great as well and it's all around fun. We went last night as well and we had a good time and laughed and I took a ton of photos and some video. It's still in camera. I never shared images from 2014 since it was a hard time for me as my mom had recently died. So now I have made it through my year of firsts.  But that's another story.

 One of my favorite photos I took last year is this horse in the waiting pens outside the rodeo stands.
 Fireworks after the rodeo!!!


Enjoy your day! Whatever you do, be safe and thank God for our freedom that we have in the USA!!! Life has changed so much since the founding fathers set up this nation. But I am so happy to live here and have served my country along with many others,  including my husband and my cousin, who just back recently from Afghanistan, friends, other family members, including other cousins and my brother and uncles and grandfather (WWI). God bless America, land that I love, stand beside her and guide her........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!!

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the rodeo, enjoy your celebrations.

Betsy said...

Happy 4th of July to you too Becky! I have also had many, many family members serve in the protection of this country, including my brothers, brother-in-law, father and my wonderful husband. May we never forget what they sacrificed to give us and my we never abuse it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Nice rodeo and fireworks pics! Happy 4th of July!

Gracie Saylor said...

Thank you and yours for your service to our country, Becky! I loved seeing your rodeo photos :) Attending the rodeo sounds like it is a very special way to celebrate our freedom. xx

TamaraB said...

LOVE, LOVE your Firework shots! So pretty and awesome job that you have captured them. Happy 4th my friend!! Have an awesome week, thanks for sharing your shots.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Amen!!! I've always wanted to go to that rodeo. I've heard it is a good one. Hope you're having a great summer, Becky, and staying cool!