Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Stained Glass: Mobile Photography-Day 2

 Mobile phone photography is the challenge today. I'm sharing a few photos from one day I was at Oregon Christian Convention early this month. One evening I was coming into the age old tabernacle. The sun was shining through the stained glass windows above the doors and onto the chairs. It was a stunning moment. As I stopped to fetch my smart phone out of my tote bag, a man stopped beside me and reveled in the moment as well. When he saw me raise my cell phone to take a photo, he said he was glad I was capturing the moment that would quickly be gone!  I used available light and set my ISO to 200 or 400 and shot the photo. May have changed the white balance as well.
A few hours earlier I won this lovely machine quilted tote bag. I'd been on a scavenger hunt and my name was drawn. Local lady from the Turner Retirement home made this bag. It was quite a gift to me, as my mom died a year ago to the day I won this bag. Mom made quite a few bags in her time and gave some away as well.  I just had to pause a moment when the thought came to mind!  So thankful for a blessing!
 I kept the bag with me for the evening session, even though I could have put it in the car's trunk when I pulled my Bible out. No, I needed it in with me since it was like a piece of her was with me in the tabernacle. Mom and dad used to take us to the convention in the evenings years ago. We'd come for spring and fall rallies as well. It just seemed the right thing to do.
 Using an ISO 800 allowed me to still show the tote bag and let the windows show up in the photo. Years ago there were wooden benches and now they have nearly all been replaced with cushioned chairs. 


The evening music were hymns. There are many people of the elderly persuasion who requested some hymns. I knew all but one of them. This song was one I remember my mom liked to sing. One more memory that lingered that evening. It was almost like she was there but I knew it was just my mind wishing she was there. {She was singing it in the heavenly choir?} It was an evening to remember even if the heat of day was lingering inside the room and doors wide open. As my heart was that evening.

Linking up with SITSgirls

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the picture of the sun streaming through the stained glass window, stunning.

Linda W. said...

Your first photo is a winner! Nice capture and good eye for spotting this scene.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for posting about this special day, Becky. The Lord is so amazing...caring in such memorable ways and your photos and narrative share it beautifully. xx