Sunday, August 9, 2015

Faith in the Slump of Life



The spirit within me became frazzled which made me question what was happening in my life. It was hard figuring out where this uneasiness came from. I have been busy these last few weeks. I realized that the lack of sleep can do it. I was starting to burn both ends of my candle of life. Need more sleep, which I managed to receive a few nights in a row, uninterrupted.
But then again...what was the other feeling? Was I getting sick? My allergies have been all over the place with the hot, dry conditions in the valley where we live in Oregon.  Keep taking my meds and drinking water and tea throughout the day.

I continued to soul search more diligently and read more scripture to keep me filled with God's word.  We are going through the New Testament this year and it's been a good thing. I've read it before and there are always passages of scripture that enlighten me.  We just finished Luke and now are in First Corinthians. In Luke 18:1-8 I like  "Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" vs 8 (persistent widow/judge parable)  I pray that I will remain faithful to our Lord Jesus. It is a reminder for me to be remain diligent in my faith walk.

Pastor TJ shared a sermon that brought the boost I needed in late July, along with a song in worship time.  He spoke on Good Prayer, Good God and Good Life....1Timothy 2:1-6. We need a good prayer life. Prayer is powerful. Pray for all people, even those in authority.  Pray for all people, especially for a believing faith in Jesus. No one is too far gone.  Prayer should be unconditional, and a great prayer life leads us to a peaceful, quiet, godly and dignified life.  Good thoughts!

I find time to spend in prayer where I won't be interrupted.  Usually it's in the a.m. when I wake up. Hit the snooze button to pray instead of listening to Christian radio for 10 minutes. A good way to start the day. It's a release of my concerns of my world, praying for many friends who've been sick, dying of cancer and recovering from surgeries, our family's needs, our world. 
As usual there is another concern coming this week but I have given it into God's hands through prayer. There's not a way for me to deal with it but just live faithfully and wait for result, all in God's timing, not mine.  
Thankful that nothing compares to the promise I have in you, Lord!   
{from the song"Shout to the Lord"}
Have a blessed week, my friends!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Ah Becky, it sounds like our lives are a lot alike these days. Lots and lots of prayer and turning to God for help. And yes, sleep is an amazing thing. I'll be praying for you, for health, for sleep and for your unwritten "thing".
Blessings,
Betsy

Camille said...

It's strange how things can get unsettled for us at times, isn't it? You are looking to the right place for your comfort and peace. How precious God's Word is!! Hugs to you! Love, Camille

Kathy said...

How did I miss this post? Praying with you, dear friend, that things in your life resolve themselves. (Praying the same thing for myself!) So glad that your church is a strong, loving place where you can get good teaching. I like the idea of hitting the snooze button to get 10 minutes of uninterrupted prayer.

aimee said...

Love what you said about prayer being unconditional Becky. I struggle praying for some people at times--need to see them through God's eyes. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Love your photo--pretty!