Sunday, August 16, 2015

Grace


"And he said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me'."  2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

My strength was tested as I struggled with my health. I didn't feel well the majority of the week. Slowly my body is recovering. Low temp made me feel weird early a.m. My thoughts run wild, thinking I'm dying, never get to hug my sweet grandchildren again and on and on....stop it all ready!  Missed my uncle Nat's 85 birthday party. My family goes anyway. He needs all the happiness today. His sister, who was my mom, died about a month and a half after his wife died in 2014. His only two children died within months of each other, of cancer, in 2013. Nat's had MS for years. It's a bit far to go in an afternoon but worth it. 

 I sit and write a post, feeling unsure what to say.  But this I know, God is with me and my family as they travel. Continued strength He gives me each day and peace. God's with my uncle and his remaining family through their struggles...leaning on Him. Grace, freely given by our loving Lord. 
We receive it and live out our lives in a way, 
pleasing to Him.

I am grateful for the gift of rain we had on Friday. My sister, who lives in Washington state, said they had rain all day. I pray for more rain to squelch the wildfires here in our state and Idaho. Praying God gives grace and protection to the fire fighters in their battle against fatigue, heat, sweet rest and safety. 

Linking with 
&

4 comments:

caryjo said...

Loved the picture of "you" and of your photo of the flowery and tree-y thing. Made me smile. Thank you for sharing so beautifully.

Linda W. said...

It's no fun when you're feeling under the weather. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery so you can get back to doing what you love! Sending healing vibes your way. :)

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you are feeling a whole lot better soon. I too am praying that the fires will end soon.

Terri Tiffany said...

I hope you are back to your healthy normal self by now. Your poor uncle! He has really been through the trials, hasn't he? It's good that the rest of your family could go to cheer him up.