Friday, August 14, 2015

My Corner in the World

My little corner of the world has been busy and a bit wacky all at the same time.  On Sat. after the firehouse cookoff, I was so overloaded with meat and bbq sauce, even after a bit of strawberry shortcake. This official photographer came home after taking a ton of photos. Chilled out with some Umpqua chocolate ice cream with blueberries and iced tea. 

Fast forward Sunday evening, Phil and I were eating at Arbys in our corner table. I saw these little birds sitting on the fence next to a new restaurant soon to be open. Can you see them and then there were a bunch on the ground!
Afterwards we took a walk and here is a cloud that was fascinating. I hoped for rain but there was none here for our weary and dry land.  A bit later, Megan called to me to come outside.  Look at the lovely sunset!


Then skip over to Thursday evening, when I came into the kitchen from the living room. I'd been on the recliner for over an hour, reading 1 Corinthians 9-14 and read commentary from Biblehub.com to clarify a few selections I've had trouble understanding. Our culture is much different from the Bible times so it's good to get help in that area. I was headed outside eventually to water. But this orange sunlight on my lace valance drew me outside quick to see the sunshine.



Sun shone brightly as it slowly sinks into the west. This was a good shot without completely blinding me. There have been forest fires to the west and east of us. The sky is a bit hazy at times from the smoke. The clouds were interesting as well. It was a nice evening to be out and watering my plants that were asking for water.  Potted plants, fresher water in the bird bath then watered the areas by our two trees.

Under our big white pine, there's alot of ground cover and I watered it as well, since it helps a bit with the tree. Here's some berries I'm thinking the birds will enjoy.

In the garden is a bell pepper that is actually yellow. Still a bit too green in some spots. Yellow cherry tomatoes coming on. The garden didn't do real well this year. Not me planted it and the weather was really hot for awhile, high 90s for days on end. I wanted more beans planted but they weren't til too late and only a few put in. Sigh!


Cabbages in my back fence neighbor's garden are growing so the little cabbage moths haven't completely eaten them.
Back corner of our lot that meets 2 neighbors in the evening light. Squash vines are cascading over our fence. Will probably cut them back, since we are allowed. I like the lovely dark pink flowers under our big tree branch. I think that branch needs to be cut back as well. Sigh! The sky continued to be lovely with pink, blue and white til the sun faded away. I watched it as I watered our front lawn rose and lilac bushes and rhody as well. 

Today I stayed home from work as I'd not felt good yesterday nor Monday either. A bit of dizziness/lightheadedness culminated in me leaving early yesterday and going to the dr office to check things out. My co-worker, who works in the office, suggested I get checked out since I wasn't feeling myself and dizzy, which usually doesn't happen to me. Never know but you hear stories that scare you! Nothing major. Thank you, Lord! My stomach is better today after resting most of the day and eating light. 

Monday when I got to work the restroom door wouldn't unlock with the key I had. It had been re-keyed so then I had to get another key for my work keys. That evening I went out to my car and my key wouldn't work. WHAT?  Well I finally got it to work as the steering column was locked. That came with not feeling well that day! The incident that I was fearful of didn't transpire. Instead I had to work myself through being sick most of the week and working through most of it til yesterday. I couldn't deal with anything so it was dr. office then home.  I'm feeling much better tonight. I need to go head for bed. The rest of laundry folding can wait! 

Good night my friends. Thanks for your kind comments on my last post. I appreciate your friendship!

All photos are taken on my LG 90 cell phone....copyright Becky Lowmaster 2015

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Loved the sunset shots, beautiful. My garden hasn't done as well this year, it has been a little disappointing.

Betsy said...

You have some lovely pictures again Becky. You have definitely been blessed with a real talent. I'm so sorry you've been sick. Hopefully you woke up today feeling fine and it was nothing serious. That was an interesting section of Bible reading. When I was studying out headcovering in chapter 11, I got every opinion under the sun from about 40 different commentaries and sources. I finally went back to the original Greek and Hebrew and found that most of the commentators were using just that, their personal opinions and what they had been taught on the subject. It sure makes things interesting. :-)
I hope today is a much better day for you my fri d.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

I LOVE how that special sunset glow shining through our windows stops whatever we are doing and sends us outside -- or at least to the windows -- to enjoy God's creation! Sorry you haven't felt well, but glad to hear you are doing better now. Have a great weekend! I had something fun in mind, but sadly we need to keep working on house repairs :(
Blessings, Aimee

Linda W. said...

That ice cream looks delicious! Yes, we've been having some nice sunsets lately. Hope you feel better soon from what's ailing you. No fun to be under the weather in summer.