Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Week thus Far

 Another month is here. Last full month of summer. I have life activities already penned onto our calendar. This Sunday, Phil and I had lunch at Dennys after church. Free entree with our punch card. I chose a delicious prime rib cobb salad. Phil had a torch grand slam, which has jalapenos in it. I remember the days when he didn't eat spicy food. Now he does. I will not join him in that venture. (He can add spice on his own plate). We enjoyed our time together. As always.


Just a bit ago I stepped outdoors to empty the recyclables. The crickets were in full chorus. I just stood and listened in my otherwise quiet corner of my world.  I can still hear them. At one point there were a few close by and still being in synch with the others. Now it has dimmed to a most quiet house. Reclining on the couch. Enjoying updated smartphone from my Android phone. Some changes are for the better.  I am caught up with Bible reading in 1 Corinthians where we are in our Bible study, reading through the New Testament in a year.  Clean up in the kitchen, figuring out if there's pectin to make jam.  Pulling unwanted items from shelf while checking status of canning jar lids. Enough of all supplies for the summer.

Excited to be taking two vacation days off work this week. Staying close to home. Phil and I will be helping out at church  for a day with lower grade school children. They have decided to do three different days, of fun....one in June then another in July. Then Aug theme is a cool event with the slip and slide, Mr Lizard and popsicles.   Thankful for cooler weather this week as well. 80s so cool compared to 106 then a few degrees cooler the following day late last week.
    In three weeks, I am getting my toothless hole fixed, if all goes as planned. A bridge is the final answer. I didn't have enough information last time which became a misunderstanding that led to frustration on my part. So thankful the dental staff were helpful and understanding.  Waiting for insurance to pre-authorize. Hopefully this will be the last major item for my mouth.


(calendar in break room at work.)


Bedtime draws near so will bid you farewell til next time. God bless you. Enjoy happy times this month and stay cool, my friends!!!

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

Sounds like you have a busy month planned! Good luck on your hopefully final bit of dental work. I'm sure it will be great to have that behind you. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Betsy said...

It sounds like a happy and busy life Becky. I love listening to crickets too. They remind me of my childhood.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Your prime rib cobb salad looks and sounds totally yummy! Summer and salads just seem to go together :-)
Have fun with the church kids and good luck with your dental procedure.
Blessings,
Aimee

Mereknits said...

My Goodness you have been so busy. The weeks are just flying by so fast!
Hugs to you,
Meredith

mamasmercantile said...

Hope all goes well with your visit to the dentist, I am not a fan of the dentist. Its a bit of a throw back from my military days when we were teased for been wimps, I am still a wimp...

Camille said...

Ooohh....sorry about the mix-up with your dental work. What a blessing you are heading down the road of getting it all sorted out. And...100's temps are just too hot in my opinion!! I like the mid-seventies. Hugs to you! Camille