Sunday, September 6, 2015

August Sunset Moments

 I nearly missed this lovely sunset Aug 1st had it not been for my daughter texting me, while she was on a walk, to come outside and see the sunset. I grabbed my camera and went to the sidewalk. Here's the glorious sunset. Colorful because of some smoke in the air from a forest fire to the west of us. The beginning of the wild fire season we've had in Oregon this summer!



 We are now into Sept even though I am sharing photos of the month prior. My mind has been going through a week of busyness at work. Seeking items I've lost within my house. Trying not to lose my mind while seeking them. While looking through stuff....looking for my lost items, I found a graduation 2014 gift bag I'd set aside. But it never happened. I felt sad and disappointed as life's plan had not come for this dear person. How can I relate to other people whose loved ones go through their years of university with ease and get the diploma and we are still waiting? Good paying jobs to help life be easier for all my family?  Why can't my life (personal) be different....more money to fix the roof now instead of waiting another year? Travel?
 When seeking my camera's misplaced memory card, I was disappointed in myself for making it so hard for me to find!  I asked God to help me find it and by mid week I was stressed about it even at work! Sigh!  I finally came to terms with it's only pictures and I can live without out them. It's nothing of true importance. The whale watch trip can be a distance memory in my mind!
 Come Friday evening, I decided to search once more in the area I thought the memory card was placed. Picking up an envelope I'd not opened earlier....on the back of it was noted there were 2 memory cards within....spring 2015.  Oh dear me...I remember writing that. Why didn't I remember it?  I put them in the envelope so I'd not lose them the next evening at the rodeo. Thank you, Jesus for helping me find it! It gave me such joy!  I must do better in an oft crazy busy life I have.
 In times like these I am disappointed in the silly things I do....not remembering where things are laid. I walk on and don't annotate my brain about it! Why can't  I keep up with my household work besides the pressing dishes and laundry and floors that need swept, vacuumed.  Windows .....freezer defrosting....jam made...purging....the list goes on and on!!!  I get tired.
 I  move on to realizing it's just life and I live for Jesus, every day. It's not about the seen but the unseen...the promises He's given us. Written down for us in the Bible. I am thankful I can turn to Him in the times when life doesn't seem fair, when I lose my mind possessions and what I feel should be good for my family.  God knows it all. He is there in our midst. Where else can I go to find peace and someone to call on that knows all about me? Nobody but Jesus, my Saviour. He's my glue that doesn't separate us in the valley times of my life. He holds me! Always!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though the outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."  2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NKJV)

Linking up with

8 comments:

caryjo said...

Beautiful and wonderful way to share to blog people in our states and around the world. Thank you.

Carol said...

Thank-you for sharing your photos, the lovely flowers. I am glad that you found the memory card. I agree with you--our perspective is on God's plans beyond today--and his sovereignty and faithfulness. Have a blessed week!

Mereknits said...

I wonder all those things myself Becky, why can't things be a bit easier, why am I not handling all that is being presented to me with Grace. You have a terrific faith, I am so glad you find peace there in your Faith and with your family.
Meredith

Kathy said...

I could have written this post. I'm forever putting things down and forgetting where they are. I get through just laundry and dishes each day. It's hard when you work. I've learned not to be too hard on myself. Everything will get done eventually.

Betsy said...

Yes Becky, I feel the same way a lot of the time. Why can't my children live closer to me? Why do I have these health issues? Why is my memory failing me in the silliest of things? And then I remember Jesus. He never said life would be easy in all ways, but He did say He would be there with us.
Beautiful photos.
Blessings,
Betsy

Camille said...

It's so true...the Lord is with us through all of life and it is such a blessing to rest in HIM! Sounds like you have too much on your plate my friend....hang in there and don't try to take on extra things. It was crazy to have smoke here this year from wildfires...unusual in this area. What a blessing the rain is when it comes. Hugs to you! Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

Somehow I missed this, but am glad I scrolled back and found it! I often joke about trying to put things in a "safe place" because often I can't remember where the safe place is when I need to find it. I have complained to God about this. I marvel that "His Grace is sufficient for me" when I know I don't deserve it and don't feel it all the time, but I am so thankful His Word reminds me that the Lord's intent is for me to not worry, but rather rest in Him throughout every minute of my life. How amazed and glad I am that Jesus promised He would be with His disciples and even me, always! xx

aimee said...

I hear you. Life can sometimes be so challenging you don't feel you can take even one more stressor or disappointment! One day we will understand ALL the whys of this life--or perhaps it won't matter when we see Him face to face. Until then we have fellowship with Him in prayers and worship AND our fellowship with other believers. Thank you for a post I can well relate to. The Lord bless you.
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Great verse!