Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Reading List

Recently I have been in the reading mode. Over the weekend I received Simply Tuesday book thru Amazon. I ordered it the same time I pre ordered Every Little Thing, by Deidra Riggs. I met Emily Freeman at a writer's conference earlier this year. So I decided to read her latest book. But it will have to wait  for a while.

On Tuesday the magazine on storage and organizing jumped into my shopping cart.  I've perused it twice as well as Simply Tuesday.

Currently I'm reading last draft of Deidra's book. I'm on her launch team. It's a good book.   I met Deidra last year at a conference as well. I was able to visit with her afterwards, which is always a delight when I have a chance to chat with a speaker. 

I will share my review soon of  Every Little Thing. You can pre-order the book on Amazon as well. I've read her blog posts for over a year and our hearts resonate with many similar thoughts. Maybe there will be a giveaway on my blog next month!!

My quick thoughts on the book is how I enjoy Deidra shared her life's experiences, from sky diving to snorkeling in the ocean. She weaves those moments into God related lessons for our lives.  God reaches out to us, showing the depth of His love. When we mess up, there's forgiveness and mercy. No matter where we are in life's walk. Good lessons and I still need to finish the book without wanting to linger more than I should on some pages.


by @DeidraRiggs You are not beyond God's reach, no matter how far off track you may have wondered. #everylittlething http://amzn.to/1hNUQ7l

This week I've also finished the book of 2 Corinthians in our Thurs nite NT Bible study. Now we are in 1 Timothy. To close, since it's night time here's a bit of scripture for you to ponder. 

"For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.  Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? --unless indeed you are disqualified."  2 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NKJV)

 

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I have never heard of either of these authors so now I have to go look them up. Thanks for sharing their books with me.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for the link for the book, Becky! It sounds like an encouraging read, and I am glad you are able to be on the launch team for it. Exciting! xx

Betsy said...

Thank you for the information on the book. It sounds great! The storage magazine looks useful as well. Although I know that instead of storing I need to just get rid of some things.
Blessings,
Betsy

Deidra Riggs said...

YAY! #EveryLittleThing on your blog!!! Thanks so much for welcoming me and my little book so warmly. You are precious, Becky! I'm so grateful for you!!!