Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Life as I see it...

 Slowly am I coming back into productive life. I was so tired since Thurs. My stomach failed me. Hurting. I struggled to get myself out to buy groceries. One stop instead of two on Friday. Stayed in town instead of going elsewhere. It's all good....got something accomplished. Shopping next day at a different grocery store to pick up my free meal for Thanksgiving. We get one each year from work. Ham, turkey, 5# potatoes, can of green beans or corn, olives,turkey, gravy mix and cranberry sauce. This year the store gave a free gallon of milk. Since I'd already bought milk day prior, I gave my freebie milk to a mom with three children in line behind me. Felt good to be back home. Figured out where to rest the turkey in the fridge. It's frozen so just thaw it slowly til Thursday.
I worked on printing photos late Sunday. As usual I'm behind in getting my calendars assembled. It's a process but it's my way of being creative and great Christmas gifts. My boss expects one every year!! A nap prior to photo printing has helped me catch up with sleep.  I've deprived myself. Got my stomach issue under control.  Now I'm more ambitious. For the most part. Still am tired after a day at work. I don't feel so dejected like a few days ago. Now I need to make pie crust. Make the pie tomorrow night. I first had to find out what happened on Life Below Zero on National Geographic channel.  How did Susie survive her accident? I won't tell ya!
It's been so cold lately. Friday through Monday have been so cold. High 40s. Lows in 30s.  Rain yesterday. Bought a new coat to wear to and from work last night after work. Sure glad I had it tonight. It was chilly as there was moisture in the air. Thankful for heat and cozy blankets. Pulled a few plants into the garage to winter them over last night.
On that note, off goes the tv. Another reality tv show that seems interesting. Nope. Not going to get mesmerized by it. Have a good week and a blessed Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Back with you soon. Hugs!!

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you are feeling much better. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. It was a great thing to give your free milk away in line. Take care.

Linda W. said...

Hope you are feeling better! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Kathy said...

You are one busy lady, Becky. That is so nice that your work gives you a dinner. And nice of you to share it. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Betsy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Becky. It would've been so sad to be sick for Thanksgiving. It's nice that your employer does that for you every year. A full Thanksgiving dinner would be wonderful. I don't have any preparations to do since I'm only making chicken enchiladas. Just seems like another day here with no children and no family around but it'll be OK . Dennis and I like spending time together and it'll just be a quiet day and will watch the parades. Have a happy Thanksgiving Becky!
Blessings, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've had stomach issues. I can empathize, and know all too well how it affects your emotions and sense of well being. Glad you are doing better now except for feeling tired. Wishing you and yours a most blessed Thsnksgiving!
God bless!
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

So sorry you have been unwell, Becky. We are trying to get caught up on sleep after all the excitement of welcoming my newest granddaughter, Sarah, the other night. May the Lord bless you and yours with a Happy Thanksgiving! xx

Camille said...

Not fun to have tummy issues! Glad to hear that you have been turning the corner. May the Lord bless you as you look to Him each step of the journey. Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Camille

Mereknits said...

So sorry you have not been feeling well Becky, I hope you have all the energy you need today for Thanksgiving. So nice of your job to give you that meal, and for you to give away that milk.
Hugs,
Meredith