Saturday, December 26, 2015

Joyful Holiday Gatherings

 Merry Christmas time and all the activities surrounding it have been fun and memorable. Phil and I at his work Christmas party earlier this month.
 On Friday Dec 18 I drove up the interstate to meet up with blogger ladies for a scrumptious lunch. We met at Teresa's house. The decor was lovely. The candy canes are actually an ornament that we got to take home!
I'm seated at the table with Teresa, in the green, then Taci, and Gracie. Both Gracie and I are wearing scarves crocheted by our other blogger friend, Betsy. She wasn't able to join us this year. Guess we both were thinking of you, Betsy, my friend! We all brought something to share food and gift wise. We had ham, green beans with almonds, rolls, potatoes, deviled eggs  and a delicious ham!
 Once done eating we adjourned to the living room and shared a few gifts. The tree was loaded with ornaments and so delightful! And talk and laugh!
 A lovely paper shade that Teresa punched herself.
 A beeswax candle she burned so we could see one lit. She gave us all beeswax candles with holly, that Dale picked. She lit it while we were eating the delicious chocolate hazelnut torte that Kristi, her DIL, made.
Adorable Buddy who was present at lunch and opening gifts.  I enjoyed him...so friendly!
My heart skipped a beat when I saw this tin on the table. My mom had one of these years ago. Not sure where it is. So as a reminder, I took a picture of it. Teresa keeps her hand crocheted pieces in them so they lay flat.
A glass blown seahorse ornament caught my eye across the way. So pretty with lights behind it.
All good things must come to an end so we left late afternoon, while there was still light. This window is so lovely lit up on my way out! It was so fun to be there but off I go homeward bound....in alot of traffic. Glad I know the back way off at interstate as it saved me at least 15 min. Phil said the traffic was slow and heavy from work.
 Project Blue Light at the I-5 exchange. It's a nationwide recognition of those police officers who have died in the line of duty.  This was out of my car window after Phil and I had eaten dinner at Dennys for his birthday. {We like to go there and get a free grand slam on our birthdays.} I only had a bowl of clam chowder since I had a big lunch with my friends.

Christmas Sunday at our church. I took this photo from the balcony. The decor is always lovely.
We were blessed with a string quartet. They are from the Melegari Chamber Players from Portland. They performed for half an hour before each service started (there's two) then they played while the congregation sang Christmas hymns. Amazing and so thankful our pastoral staff blessed us! What a gift!
Upstairs stained glass window!
Our children's choir, led by my friend, Jill. They did well and was blessed again!
Our bulletin for Christmas Sunday. Luke 2:8-13 
and Jeremiah 29:13 "And you will seek Me and find Me 
when you search for Me with all your heart."

My Dressember Sunday Dec 20 after church.


Then the work week happened again and it was a bit shorter as we closed on Thursday at 2 PM and closed on Christmas. We always get a "paint" can full of kettle corn from the Miller Paint Co. since we sell their product. I didn't get any this year cuz I waited too long. Oh well, more room for cookies and apple cider donuts from Bauman Farms that were dropped off for us on Wed. On Thurs. a man brought in donuts he purchased at Safeway. He likes our friendly service! I got a chocolate covered donut and it had cream filling inside. Oh my goodness@alltheyumminessoftheseason!!!

My dear friend Tamara and I met up for dinner and gift exchange at Dennys Tues. evening. The hostess graciously took our picture as since there was no line. Amazingly how quiet it was. Usually there's families coming in. Too close to Christmas! We always have a good time together. Her schedule doesn't always mesh with mine for Tues evenings. But we're happy when it does!
Thurs morning at work I called to Sharis to make sure I could get cinnamon rolls later that day. I ordered half a dozen. Here they are that afternoon! I forgot how big they were! We had one pkg for Christmas morning and I froze one. Another pkg in the fridge and between Megan and I, we ate one roll for Sat. breakfast.
Christmas morning scene! I chuckled when I saw this. I'd put together gifts for my grandchildren and left the bags on my recliner. I'd watched a movie the night before and had taken my fuzzy boots off as my feet were over heating in there!  I went out to get the boots in the a.m. Kinda like a Christmas scene, huh?  Oh what fun we had on Christmas with opening our presents and a quick bite to eat. We got up late and ate breakfast and didn't feel like eating a big lunch. We had dessert at our son's....but that's the next post in a few days!  Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and may the remaining days of 2015 be good ones for you!! Take care and thanks for visiting and leaving sweet comments! Hugs!


9 comments:

Betsy said...

My goodness it looks as if you've went from one party to another Becky. I so wish I had been with you girls too. I ,issued the party and the company very, very much. Dennis and I had a quiet day yesterday. No gifts at all but we did share dinner with our friends who were also childless for the holidays. I struggled yesterday but am trying to remember the greatest gift we were ever given. Merry Christmas a little late.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Looks like you had some wonderful holiday get-togethers and surprises from your customers. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Glad we were able to get together last spring. :)

Mereknits said...

It sounds like you have had a wonderful Holiday with friends and family.
Hugs to you Becky,
Meredith

aimee said...

Looks like you had a fun get-together with your blogger friends--Teresa has some lovely décor and I think Buddy is SO cute! Happy (belated) Birthday to your husband Phil and daughter Megan--liked what you said about her very much:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

It has been lovely sharing some of your Christmas celebrations with you this year, Becky. Thanks again for the beautiful calendar. Not only will it help me keep track of the days, but it will also be a sweet reminder of you. May God continue to bless you and yours.xx

Kathy said...

What a wonderful week you had! Everything looks lovely. I so enjoyed seeing your church and what a wonderful treat to have the string quartet play for you. That last picture is so great. It does look like a holiday picture, for sure. Enjoy the rest of 2015. May 2016 bring you lots of joy.

Camille said...

Sounds and looks wonderful my friend! What a blessing to have special family and friend times!! I love string quartets.....they sound so lovely. Happy New Year!! Hugs, Camille

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lovely gatherings, Becky - so nice to spend time with special friends and family at Christmas. Wonderful photos. Those cinnamon rolls have my mouth watering, too. Happy New Year, my friend! Hugs xo Karen

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Becky.. it was fun to see the photos of our Christmas party. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It looks like you had a great holiday time! Happy New Year! Teresa :-)