Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Oh my plans.....

that get made. The date nearly arrives and the weather is not as good as we'd hoped. So I am a bit disappointed at the moment., writes Mrs. Grumpbunny! It doesn't help that I'm tired from work. Not enough sleep. But looking forward to more sleep tonight. Neither of us are working. Vacation days from work....looks like a stay-cation for us. Home and maybe out and about, depending on the rain. Plans were to travel to Shore Acres, on the southern Oregon coast, and see the Christmas lights this year. Stay over night in town near by, shop and eat the next day then come home. Winds and rain have canceled that itinerary. Another plan took shape in my head, for inland. 
Again, doused by the weather!

As you can see, there's rain in this one photo from tree at mall last evening. I stopped in at Eddie Bauer to purchase two of their Polar Ice insulated bottles. Need for a new one was imminent as my tea travel mug developed a crack and therefore it leaked! The night was 37 degrees and raining. It felt much colder than that. This tree is so pretty so just outside the store I stopped to take a photo of reflections in the puddle. Big tree!  Maybe we'll get our tree up tomorrow as we will be home. Decorate. Mrs. Grumpbunny will hopefully be in a better mood {mode} then.  I enjoy a cup of tea after washing dishes and listen to Pacabel...soothing my soul a bit. Not quite so grump-y. I should be thankful for a warm, dry house to live in...comfortable blankets, food, chocolate, cars, work, love! So blessed even in the grump mode! Now Grumpbunny just finished her tea so off to fold a load of yesterday's laundry before curling up in her bed for a good nights sleep! So good night to all and til next time.....find some merry and bright in the days and hours in your life! God bless everyone!
Love, 
Mrs. Grumpbunny
xx-xx

P/S:It's raining quite hard now.
 

11 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame the weather has changed your plans. The tree looks amazing, a beautiful reflection. Hope you have a good day whatever you decide to do...

Betsy said...

Good morning Mrs. Grumpbunny! I hope you've turned back into Mrs. Happy bunny this morning. The weather has been pretty snowy in Spokane and has rained here in D.C. ever since my plane landed Tuesday. The sun will shine today though and the world will look much better. I'm sorry your plans have gone awry, but I know you'll find some wonderful plans close to home.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

I really don't mind the rain. But the cold? No thanks. Those trees are beautiful! Who can be a grumpbunny for long at this time of year? I have lots to do to move things around before I can put my tree up. It will be interesting this year with an active kitten around to "help" with the decorations.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful tree photos! I find a good night's sleep usually drives away my "Mrs Grumpbunny!" :)

Gracie Saylor said...

Wishing you happy days as you make new plans and get some rest, Mrs. Grumpbunny :) Thanks for sharing the pretty Christmas tree photos! xx

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Too bad about the weather changing your plans, but it is better to be home and safe than out on the roads in bad weather! The tree is beautiful - I love the greens and blues. Life gets busy this time of year and it is understandable you might be a little 'Mrs. Grumpbunny' once in a while. Hope the sun shines for you soon! xo K

aimee said...

I feel your pain Mrs.(hopefully no longer) Grumpbunny! The weather and a nasty cold have sidelined hubby and I...oh well, maybe I can get to decorating now that I am feeling a bit better. GOOD to see Christmas trees--love:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Mereknits said...

Sorry about your plans, the weather looks like it has been horrible over your way. I would love to stay home and get things done, I am grumpy too!
Hugs,
Meredith

Terri Tiffany said...

Hopefully you will have sunny skies this weekend and get to enjoy your days out! I like the reflections from the tree!

Camille said...

Awww...hang in there my friend....may the Lord give you many happy memories of this staycation in spite of the changed plans. XOXO

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So happy for the moisture! It was way too dry in Eastern Oregon. It is nice and sunny today, though. Hope you got some sunshine there today. Have a wonderful Christmas season!