Friday, January 1, 2016

New Beginnings 2016

The new year has come upon us.  Even though yesterday was last year, today is a new day in a new year. I don't feel much different. Time goes by and it's marked by dates and hours and seasons. A new year has words yet spoken. Words yet written. Tasks ahead. Tasks from last year still need done. Different than the words spoken and written. They are done. I look forward to finishing tasks, like slippers not quite knitted, photos not in a book. 

This afternoon, while I was making a batch of applesauce and thinking about this writing, a song came to mind. Written and sung by Jim Croce. "If Time Could be Put in a Bottle." I listened to it. I said to Phil, "hey remember that song?"  I was in high school when the song came out. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then in my life. But I would still like to spend my time with you, Phil. And my friends!  There seems to be only so many hours to do what we need done, have fun, sleep. Oh dear me. I'm gonna stop right there. I'm just looking forward to what God has in store for me and my family. 

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knows them that trust 
in Him." Nahum 1:7

A blessed and prosperous New Year to all of you!  Thanks for continuing with me on my blogging journey through life. 

{photo of clock I took at Cost Plus World Market. Eventually I wish to buy this clock.}

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen! I feel much the same. It's funny how the same theme of new beginnings is in most of the blogs I have read today. How we all, including me, seem to crave new beginnings. When, unless we have a heart and attitude change, things will stay much the same in most of our lives. I appreciate all of the reminders though. I'm excited to begin a new book of devotions. Mandy is doing the same book so we can share and discuss our findings together. It's called Savor,(living abundantly where you are, as you are,) by Shauna Niequist. I'm excited. Happy New Year Becky.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

Happy New Year, Becky! How exciting it is to have a whole new year ahead of us. I know the division of years is man made, but I always feel excited to have 365 (or 366 this year) days ahead of me. Unknown days full of joy and some sorrow. Hopefully more joy. God bless you in this new year.

Mereknits said...

Blessings to you this year Becky.
Hugs,
Meredith

Camille said...

Pretty clock....hopefully it will be hanging on your wall before 2016 is out. :) Happy New Year to you! I agree...not enough hours in the days....but, whatever the Lord requires of us, there is time for. What a freeing thought! Hugs, Camille

Linda W. said...

Love that clock! Hope you get to own it soon. Happy New year to you and your family!

mamasmercantile said...

Best wishes for the New Year, wishing for you everything you wish for yourself.

Gracie Saylor said...

May God continue to bless you and yours in 2016. Becky. I love seeing your reflection in your photo of the clock :) xx