Friday, January 22, 2016

Out and About Friday

A beautiful day lay ahead of me today. I drove through my town then through the country to my dental appt. late a.m.  Only a cleaning which was good. Downside,  restorative work needs done on 4 teeth...old metal fillings out of 3 teeth and in with better ones. A molar needs a new crown on it. So a few trips to dentist again this year but nothing too painful. 
Hungry stomach led me to McDonald's that's around the corner, for lunch. I decided to sit by the window where the sun was shining in. $3 lunch of a chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks (which were so-so) for $2 and a drink, unsweetened ice tea, for $1.  I had to show you the sunshine....stayed sunny out for quite awhile. After I ate, I purused a couple store ads, I added to my small shopping list in my notebook. 

 Off I went, back through the country again and turned right and a bit later, left, then on to the interstate! I checked temp on my cell phone. 60 degrees at 1:45 p.m. before I went into Fred Meyer. Took my coat in with me to Costco as it's sometimes chilly there. Picked up a few items that were going off sale Sunday. I've been so tired in the evenings that I've not stayed on top of their sales flyer. Usually I have Phil pick them up for me. But once in awhile I make a Costco run, just to see what is out there I need.

A quick stop at an office store garnered me a set of colored pencils for my coloring pages. I know I'll run low on the small ones I have soon. I've just started to color a page out of my DO magazine, earlier this week. Right after dinner I decided to color for a bit to decompress from work.

 
By the time I got home, I shrugged into my coat and brought all my sacks into the house. Left one garage door open for awhile in an attempt to dry up water on the floor, from the latest rain. It comes in on our tires and we get a little lake as rain seeps under the door. Cement floor isn't level either!

A bit of Google search landed me exact name of this lovely flower I photographed last July. It's a blue satin hibiscus rose of Sharon. Such a beautiful flower and now I'll search for one locally.  To remember what it looks like, I took a photo of it with my cell phone while I had the photo up on my laptop screen. What a novel idea!?! And I wrote the name down in my notebook. 
{First notation was written elsewhere on a bag I just came upon while decluttering. Oh.dear.me.}

Thanks for the prayers for our family. Megan went to urgent care the other day. She has a viral infection and got a few meds to help her. She slept most of yesterday, since it was her day off. Today she was back to work and sounds so much better today. Cough is better but still annoying her.    My back is much better but still hurts in one spot.  Our walk last evening helped as well, even though I was so tired I'd rather have stayed home and in my recliner! Move it, girl! "-}

Have a good weekend my friends. As always, thanks for your prayers, comments and friendship!

***************************************************

In Memory of the 12 Marine Aviators that died last week in Hawaii on a training mission. May they rest in peace. Stand down, your mission is complete.
Praying for their families and friends and our nation in this time of loss.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

It sounds like you accomplished a lot today Becky. I'm also glad to hear that Megan is feeling better. So much "ick" out there right now. Those coloring books for adults are all the rage aren't they? I color with the grandkids when they visit but we use real crayons. :-) enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

Love the notepad, I am a great one for lists too. Take care.

Mereknits said...

Glad you are both better. Take good care of yourself,
Meredith

Camille said...

Sounds like you have been extra busy!! I like to shop at Costco about once a month...it can get crazy busy in there! I keep a running list of things that I only buy there so I am armed and ready. Your colouring pages look beautiful...what fun! The sacrifice our military make for all of us is sobering....they are very brave. Thank you for your time in the service my friend. Hugs! Camille

Teresa Kasner said...

Ugh on the dentist stuff.. I just went through that. I hope you and your daughter are doing better.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

That flower is SO lovely and makes me look forward to the days to come when we'll see more blossoms again! Ick. There is so much illness out there right now. Glad to hear that you and your daughter are a bit better...I was feeling better from my 2 weeks of an awful cold virus, but now the right side of my face is very painful again--time to see a Dr. I guess.
Very sad about the Marines. Such a loss for their friends, families and our nation:(
Blessings,
Aimee