Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Valentines Birthday

 This day is a fun day. Why? It's Valentines Day and my Birthday! We had a blessed day together. Went to church then stood in line at Dennys for 10 minutes til our names were called for a table. We invited our friends, from church, who were waiting also, to our table.  It was a good time with Maria and Vassa.  I got my free grand slam for my birthday meal as usual. Each year. Later in the afternoon, we had cake to celebrate. Phil made the cake from one of my Pioneer Woman cookbooks. Megan decorated it. It was so delicious! 
Phil working on the cake Sat. morning before I left with Jill to head out for lunch.
Jill and I at Applebees where we enjoyed conversation and good food. We both ordered Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken and mozzarella sticks.
The necessary molten lava cake with ice cream, which we split.
Mid Sunday afternoon celebration time at home.

Megan gave me my 4th Pioneer Woman Cookbook. It's heavier than the other ones. I perused it and found some yummy meals already! Phil gave me some gadgets for my photography work. Too bad I couldn't share some of this delicious cake with all of you on this Valentine's Day! 
A couple surprises in the mail were....purple mittens, knitted by Betsy, my blogger friend. Another friend, TeresaB from Yamhill, made purple washcloths.  TamaraB gave me a Pioneer Woman mug in which she sat a primrose in, til I can plant it.    Phil and I went on a walk this cool afternoon before it got dark. Megan was out walking as well and had stopped by to chat with a lady.....she usually visits with if she's there,.{she's the cat lady.}  They all said happy birthday to me, including her daughters! One of her daughters had a birthday today as well. Fun!  Have a great week, my friends!
********** 
"This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man that this, that a man lay his life down for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. This I command you to love one another."  
John 15:12-17

8 comments:

Betsy said...

It looks like you had a fun day today Becky. I'm so glad. Mandy got me that same Pioneer Woman cookbook for Christmas...also my fourth. I really like her. I have the sugar bowl that matches your cup! :-). I hope the mittens fit. Sorry that you're getting them in time for spring weather, but there is always next year! Happy Birthday my friend!
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day! Happy birthday! :)

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday Becky! It sounds like you were properly adored.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kathy said...

Happy, happy birthday, dear friend! I have another friend who also has a Valentine's Day birthday. Glad you had a good day. Sounds like fun.

Gracie Saylor said...

Happy Birthday, Becky, belatedly! I'm glad you had happy celebrations :) Blessings to you xx

Camille said...

Happy (belated) birthday my friend! What fun to have so many treats for your special day. Big hugs to you! Camille

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Becky! Looks like you had lots of fun and some sweet gifts, too. That molten lava cake and your birthday cake looks so yummy! I've been wanting one of the Pioneer Woman's cookbooks. So sweet that your hubby cooked your cake! Blessings and hugs xo Karen

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday and Valentines Day belated, Becky! Such sweet gifts you were given. You are loved!!!