Wednesday, April 20, 2016

All About Girls

 We are anticipating the birth of our 2nd granddaughter, Lydia, in the next few days or maybe a couple weeks. Will see how it all works out.  I decided to take a photo of the last four sleepers I bought for Lydia before I sent them on their merry way to her mom and dad. I'm looking forward to seeing and holding her. 

Another girl whose had me full of joy is our daughter, Megan. We spent  a day at the coast, together. I needed to take a day off work, just cuz! I chose a day she'd be off work as well and we went together early March.  It was a good time before any tests in her last university math class. Sunset time and she's agreeing that she's gonna do it and finish her degree. As of Tues, she was notified that her degree plan was 100% completed at Liberty University. We are so proud of her. We went out to Red Robin for dinner after work to:celebrate and becuz we didn't want to cook for just the two of us. I needed a respite from the two busy work days. I finally ordered myself a root beer float to go with my hamburger. It was just what this cashier girl needed. Always meant to order one. Never did til now! We had a good time. Then went to TJ Maxx to shop for sunglasses. Mine broke and my back up ones aren't the best. Found sunglasses cheaper than ones I saw at another store. Then we added a couple things to my cart which was more than a pr of sunglasses but under $25 so it was good. It's hard to shop there and not find something to buy.  Could have shopped for more but we were tired and laundry was calling!  I'm looking forward to the repair man coming to fix my oven. Haven't been able to use it since Sunday. Sigh! Had to have NW Natural gas man come look at it that afternoon. I was going to use the oven but a kaboom from the oven made me shut it off. Igniter isn't working correctly. Better to be safe than sorry. This girl needs to bake cookies this weekend!

 Speaking of weekend. Last Saturday I met up with 3 other blogger girl friends for dinner near Troutdale. We had our husbands with us and we had a lovely time. I'll share more of the story later.

Have a happy day and thanks for coming by to visit my blog. 

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Exciting times another Grandaughter to cherish, hope all goes well. Congratulations to your daughter for finishing her degree, a great achievement. Take care.

Betsy said...

Congratulations to Megan on finishing her degree! That's a lot of time and commitment. Great job! I enjoyed our dinner too, it just went by way too fast. After we left the restaurant and it was too late to do anything about it, Dennis and I both had the same thought that whoever wanted to could have come to our hotel to visit. They have a nice little lobby we could have sat in as long as we wanted. We'll have to remember that for next time. You should get your package today or tomorrow. I hope you like the goodies.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

Congrats to your daughter! That is fantastic, a new baby and meeting up with those lovely ladies, you have had a good few days.
Hugs,
Meredith

Gracie Saylor said...

Celebrations! ...a new granddaughter arriving soon, Megan's degree progress, a trip to the beach and a dinner out with friends. I'm glad you and Phil made it to Tad's and I look forward to your next blog update, my friend :) xx

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yay for Megan! That is great! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby girl :) Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. You are such an encouragement to me!

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm excited for the birth of your granddaughter! Congrats to your daughter for doing so well in school. It was a fun dinner at Tad's wasn't it? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)