Sunday, April 17, 2016

Not Always Easy

.....days at work. Wednesdays are my early day to work. The sun was bright against white clouds on drive through town. An abandoned shopping cart glistened from night's rain. Slow time at work meant I could sweep the floor in the store. Day prior was crazy busy. No time to sweep or vacuum. Little did I know a verbal altercation with a coworker would ensue. Long story short, I was not amused and tears crept into my eyes.
I worked through the issue in my mind. I strive to keep peace and move on. My spirit calmed and remembered how Jesus would have me handle this situation. My manager credited me with overcoming the situation. I'd calmed down and was happier. He obviously heard some of it. I didn't go into detail.
When a day of early morning contemplation in my mind, while sweeping, turns sour, how does a person handle it?  I write blog posts in my head when I'm not too busy. Life isn't always pleasant and when it arrives, we deal it best we can. Yell?  Walk away?  Swear?
 Say bad words with no regard to other person? Quit while your ahead!
"Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control; against such there is no law."  Galatians 5:22-23  Interesting that was KLove radio's encouraging word for the day!!
These flowers were my therapy once I got home. Lilacs in my front lawn with a wonderful fragrance was a joy that afternoon. Tulips that are leaning over in vase on the dining room table.
I felt a little bruised in spirit but moved on. Sought God's help in prayer.
Enjoyed orange tulips in neighbor's lawn. Covered in rain from another rain storm of that day. Beauty found when you look for it.
Plants on the patio that needed water as rain was coming the next day. Some were up near the house where they don't get much rain. There will be showers of blessings. Showers of blessing we need. Next day was better and coworker talked to me that day. Never mentioned the day prior incident, which is fine by me. Move on. I've worked with him enough to know how to handle situations. Less said the better. Don't get me wrong, if it was a difficult, on going situation, I'd probably gone to management. But I let it rest.  Mercy. Forgiveness. 
Now it's new week and looking ahead to what God has in store for me.
Warm weather. Time to plant flowers. Enjoy the spring.
God bless!
****

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

Sorry about your coworker but sounds like you took the high road and handled it much better than they did. You can't control people, but you can control how you respond to them.

Betsy said...

I'm so sorry you had such a difficult situation at work Becky. When I was working as a bookkeeper, I had a coworker that was very difficult for everyone to deal with. It could make going to work a thing to dread. I'm so glad that you were able to overcome the situation with help from the Lord. He is there to help us, we just have to remember to ask which I'm not very good at doing.
We had a great time last night. Dennis really enjoyed meeting you and Phil. Maybe you two could take a road trip our way sometime. We have lots of room here for you to stay. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

You handled yourself well and for that you should take pride in yourself. Beautiful flowers. Take care.

Mereknits said...

People can be just so horrible, I think with all the reality TV and the current political stuff going on where people just scream out whatever they feel, with out thinking of how that affects people is trickling down to the general population and we see more of it isn our daily lives. What ever happened to manners, treating others with respect? I am proud of you Becky for handling things so well. Not easy is it?
Hugs,
Meredith

aimee said...

Sigh, Work relationships can be difficult. Been there, done that. You did the right thing Becky. In the end, obeying God and living out our Christianity, is more important than speaking all that is on our minds when we are being treated unfairly. Glad things were calmer by the next day! Beautiful photos today:)
Blessings,
Aimee