Sunday, May 15, 2016

Bulletin Words are Applicable

In 3 consecutive Sundays our church bulletin has had words that applied to our lives that day. On this particular Sunday we had our two grandchildren with us. Their mom had gone into labor the night before but then quit. Lydia wasn't ready to come out and play. Not yet, til mid afternoon on Tues, May 3rd. So we were waiting for her arrival that Sunday where she'd be welcome...when she arrived! I've yet to hold her and give grandma kisses. Saw her once.
The following Sunday was Mothers Day. I took this photo while in our Israel Bible class first service. The tables were decorated with real flowers in vases. There were silk flowers on the table that had pins and clips. It could be worn in your hair or on your blouse. I chose the purple one and wore in my hair. All Day, even at Denny's were we ate dinner after church.

Today's bulletin words are in our hearts currently. A struggle without a car for Megan and where the money will come from leaves a bit of concern in our minds.
  She's able to use my car when schedules allow.  Our faith strong and God is with us in this interesting time.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."  James 1:6

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17

My rhododendron bush has been so lovely last week. But now it's starting to fade. Time to leave and the rain has made it look worse. Our temps have gone from high 80s on Friday to Sat cool and raining on Sunday. Long sleeve shirt time again!  That's Oregon for you in the springtime! 
A warm welcome to my two latest followers.  God bless you and thank you all so much for your comments. 


4 comments:

Betsy said...

Perfect! God knows the words you need to hear even before you know you need to hear them. I love how you applied the bulletins to your life. I hope you soon get to give Grandma kisses and snuggles to little Lydia. We had sunshine today but rain is forecast for the end of the week. We need it if we are to avoid a repeat of last years fires so you won't hear complaints from me. Rain is good, but I would prefer temps a little warmer with it. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

How cool that the bulletins just fit your week each time. Since I've been doing the bulletins I try to choose something appropriate for the front. I'm glad others do also.

Hope you get to see and cuddle Lydia soon. I think Grandma cuddles and kisses are the best.

Mereknits said...

I love it when words fit, from a bulletin or from somewhere else, a little message that everything will be fine. Keep your Faith my friend,
Meredith

Gracie Saylor said...

My blogroll failed to show me this in a timely fashion, Becky, but I appreciate reading it now. I love it when the Lord brings encouragement to us in regular routines of our days! He is Love!!! xx