Saturday, May 21, 2016

Flowers and a Car

 Earlier in the week we received some papers from Phil's brother. I pulled out a newspaper clipping that had this handsome AF man's photo! Be.Still.My.Heart!  It was Phil after he'd completed his basic training. Yes, I saw him a few years later but never saw him in dress blues uniform. So handsome, even without his moustache!   Here's a photo of Jim, Phil's dad, that was taken by my niece, Christy, a few years ago. I found it while searching through photos on line. We're going to miss him...well, we have already.

 Wednesday after work Megan and I went to Wilsonville to look at a car friends had for sale. Phil met up with us after he got off work. We looked at it and talked with Mark. Megan went for a test drive with her dad in the passenger seat. She decided to take it!  We went to Wendys for dinner then came back and she signed papers. She's a happy girl now! It's a nice 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback. Phil had to do a bit of work on it today, and now it idles better. Thankful our friends were able to work out deal with Megan. Now all she's waiting for is a better paying job. She has an interview next week for a job in  her career field. So with anticipation and prayer, we wait and hope for the best.

 Friday afternoon I went to Baumans to get some strawberries. Oh.so.good!  Also bought frozen marionberries to make up a crisp for the grad party coming up. Looked at flowers. So many pretty ones.

 Thought these might be nice for color on the table. But not sure if they'd still be blooming by then. I've not decided yet. Plants or cut flowers? Hard to find blue flowers so will stick with red and white.



 Here's my cache of purchases I bought Friday after my dentist appt and lunch. I had an issue with a tooth and it turned out better than expected. A bit of work, no pain and evened out my bite again. With a bridge, the bite can change. It's better today. I went to Hi-School Pharmacy after lunch as I'd not been in one. I found stickers galore. A few for graduation, including the roses on the left that are burlap to accentuate photos. The paintings are part of granddaughter Melody's birthday gift later this month. Little pouches are for graduation gifts for girls from our church I know. Found a fun photo booth frame to put ours in from the aquarium a couple years ago. Found a few good sales. Spent a bit more than I should,.....oh yeah, some sports sox that I like as well, not in photo and Seattle Chocolates that we like.  I'm always on the look out for stickers since I like to use them on envelopes and greeting cards and calendars that I make. Duck Dynasty HAPPY sticker is mine for my car! 70 cents...big sale!

After our evening walk I found this lovely flower blooming on my abultion red tiger plant outdoors. Apparently it was there on Thursday but I'd not seen it. I was so tired that day from work I just went into the house. Usually I look at the plants on the patio as I walk by. Not this time. Lovely and hopefully more will bloom this year. Last year there were few blooms and it was probably due to the heat!  

That's all I have right now. I am headed for bed as I'm not feeling too good. Had a few itty bitty spider bites on me over night. I was able to take a Benadryl tablet and that helped. Neosporin to the rescue too. Now my stomach hurts and I'm tired. It didn't help that I didn't get alot of sleep either this a.m. Sigh. But the itching is gone and so.am.I. Happy weekend, my friends.

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Great news about the car, I have a Subaru and love it. Those flowers are gorgeous. Wishing you a wonderful week,
Meredith

Camille said...

What fun to find that old newspaper clipping, Becky! :) And, yippee for a car for Megan. I am sure she will do well in her interviews and it will be just a matter of time before the right job comes along. So sorry you were not feeling well...I hope you had a good sleep and woke up refreshed. Many Blessings, Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

Lovely photos, Becky. I hope you are feeling better and that you have a good week! xx

Linda W. said...

Handsome pic of your hubby! (Who doesn't love a man in uniform?) :) Glad your daughter got another car. I used to have a Subaru just like that one (it was a 2003) but traded it in for a brand new Outback last spring. Have a good week and enjoy those strawberries!