Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Grandbaby News!!

 This morning I got a phone call from Justin. They'd been at hospital since 5:15 a.m. and called at 7:30 for me to come to get the grandchildren again. Birth was going to happen today! I took the day off from work.   So we had some time at home then ate lunch and naps were taken since the children were tired. I actually had to wake them so we could go to the library. They didn't get to go yesterday as they went home. So we found some books. I thought it would be a fun pic with this book and Owen. I could not get him to smile. He handed me a book on Hilary Clinton. I'm not sure why he did. I left it on the table. LOL!!!Maybe he liked her smile? Who knows!!!!!
 I found a book for Melody about sleeping in the library. She actually read it to herself and she liked it. I kept checking my phone for messages. A.n.t.i.c.i.p.a.t.i.o.n. is making us wait. While the children were playing on the computers, I got a text that read Lydia was born~ late 3 PM

Megan showed the children the big set of real Russian nesting dolls at the library. It's missing at least one piece.. Megan likes these kind of dolls and has a few smaller ones. We headed out of library, stopped somewhere to grab a gallon of milk as our supply was running low.  Bought food at Subway and brought it home to eat. Portland Trail Blazers are playing right now and currently in the win position. The grands are in the living room, quiet, watching the game.  There's books to read from library. I need to do a load of laundry and bathe the children. Pull out the sofa sleeper bed again and get them to bed.

 Here's our little grandbaby Lydia who weighed into life at 6 lbs plus.
Mom and baby are doing well.
Off I go to the living room and sit with the children as they are quiet. I know they are tired. Owen wanted to go home but they will be here for the night. Grandpa gets to care for them for some time tomorrow. We're switching days off.  Interesting that both his parents died 10 years apart on the same date. One of their grandchildren was born on May 1, 14 years ago.  A great granddaughter was born on May 3, 2016. Births on each side of their departure date.  Interesting. We cry tears of joy and sadness.  Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it very much. 
***********

7 comments:

Linda W. said...

Congrats on the new granddaughter!

Betsy said...

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet little Grandbaby! She is beautiful. I can only imagine the excitement of her brother and sister to meet her. The family dates is very interesting. It is the circle of life, but it doesn't make it less painful to lose a loved one. Congratulations again to you and Phil. Grandchildren are the greatest.
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

A great blessing to spend quality time with you Grandchildren and a beautiful new addition. Take care.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new little grandbaby! What a blessing. She is adorable.

Mereknits said...

Fantastic news Becky!! Congrats.
Meredith

Gracie Saylor said...

Wonderful news, Becky! I wondered why I had not seen a blog post about Lydia, but my blogroll does not roll dependably and I just found this. May you and yours be blessed as you celebrate Lydia's birth and comforted while mourning Phil's dad's death. xx

Anonymous said...

Becky, Kiss and hug those grandchildren for me. Thank you for sharing too. ~ Janet