Monday, May 2, 2016

House Guests

 Last Friday, after the Portland Trailblazers won the 5th game of the playoffs, Megan set up this display  on my recliner! We'd enjoyed and screamed and jumped up and down when they beat the LA Clippers!  Now it's in round 2 against the Golden State Warriors. She enjoys me watching the games with her. It is a tradition in our family. My dad used to listen to Bill Shonley on the radio as color analyst. Then watched them on tv. My mom always liked them too and we were able to go to a game 2011. Now we're cheering them on in the playoffs this year. Will see what happens as the first game didn't go real good. But it's fun.
 On Saturday afternoon, I was out at Bauman farms when I got this {cell phone} message from Justin, our son.  Erin was having contractions but weren't sure where it was going. So he wanted me to know time for grandbaby 3 to be born was close~maybe.  I was excited and realized I didn't have alot of time to shop. I usually dawdle. I did get five tomato plants and a couple other items. Looked at the yummy scones and thought about getting some in a few weeks for Megan's grad party. They are big enough I can cut them in two. Will figure out exactly how much time we have to bake, clean the house, work and be sane. All at the same time! TeeHee!

 Two and a half hours later I got a red alert message. But we were to wait til they get to the hospital and see what happens. I'm glad I got dinner cooked and we were able to eat it. Hawaiian meatloaf and crescent rolls and veggies. We waited. And took a walk.
 We went to the hospital 5 hours later and got our adorable grandchildren and they spent the night with us. Although Erin didn't get to stay there, after another couple hours, we kept Melody and Owen all day Sunday and into Monday afternoon. Still no baby girl yet. We're waiting to see what happens on Wed. Most likely Erin will be induced. No details except she's been having alot of contractions, so tired and uncomfortable. We had a good time with the grands but were glad when we had some peace at home this evening. I did go to work, even though I really didn't want to. 

We found out early a.m. that Phil's dad, Jim, died. Here we are with him in 2011 at Evergreen Air and Space Museum. We will miss him very much. He always made time for us, even though we lived a great distance away. I'm so thankful for the legacy of love and faith in God that he left for us. 
Thank you for your kind comments recently and would enjoy other comments from readers I've not heard from. I know there are many readers out there and hope in some way I've touched your lives in a positive way. God bless you all!

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am so sorry for your loss, you have my deepest sympathy and will be in my prayers. Take care.

Gracie Saylor said...

Becky, I'm praying for you and yours in this exciting, precious, but difficult time. Sending you love and hugs. xx

Betsy said...

This post reminds me of the quote, "The Lord gives and the Lord taketh away." Here you are ready to celebrate the birth of a new grandbaby and now have the heartbreak of losing a beloved parent. My prayers are with you and especially Phil. Hugs always.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

New life and death all happening at the same time. I am so sorry for your loss Becky but so glad you will have a new little one to love.
Hugs,
Meredith