Saturday, May 28, 2016

My days in Photos

 On Friday a.m. I photographed the pile of books I left on my recliner the night prior.  I'd read "Simply Tuesday" book Thurs after our Bible study that Phil and I had together. I wanted to finish a chapter before I headed for bed. Little did I realize how tired I was. I fell asleep for half an hour. Then I really had to make myself finish the chapter prior to my real night sleep! That's what a tired feet in a  4 day work week does to me lately.
 That morning as I was cleaning the last of our son's hen eggs, I realized these would be the last of them. They decided to get rid of them due various reasons. So friends have them now and their back lawn will be a larger space for the grandchildren to roam. It was a good learning adventure for the children and their parents. I'm gonna miss those eggs!
 They are taste much better than store bought eggs. I've been picky lately and try to get cage free eggs, which is my preference. I used some in cookies I baked today for Megan's graduation party that's coming up. Megan hard boiled a couple so she'd have them for breakfast.
 Megan shows off grad party signs I bought at Dollar Tree just this week. It will help mark our house where the party will be!! I also pre-ordered a balloon bouquet in which I will pick up morning of the party.

 Necklace was one my mom used to wear. At times I will wear it. Other days when I want to wear it, I can't bring myself to wear it, due to sadness. Still hard to not have her here to visit occasionally. It will be two years this July since she died.
 This afternoon I drove over town to the hardware store. No, not in this car, but I saw it drive into the parking lot when I got there. I'd seen it while I was at work, this time I was able to photograph it, since I wasn't working. It's a Polaris. The driver wears a helmet.  I had to get another hose to hook with a 50 ft. hose I'd purchased a couple weeks ago. One isn't enough to reach the tomato area in our lawn. So I bought another 50 ft. hose and 2 pc nozzle set. All on sale. Shopping for hoses isn't fun especially when what I want isn't on sale. A 25 ft. hose, with my discount, is almost as much as the 50 ft. hose that's on sale. 75 ft. hose not on sale. Sigh! By Monday the tomatoes will be planted. My days aren't long enough! 
 A couple weeks ago we went to Olive Garden late Sat. for a surprise birthday party for Eric. He's the third person on  your right. His wife, JoAnn, who is right behind him, secretly asked friends to come. He was surprised when they got there. I was a bit bummed as we didn't make it til a bit later. Still he was happy to see us. His two grandkids were at the other table with a couple adult cousins. Quite a few of us go to the same church, which was even more fun.

 Here's Phil and I with Dan and Loreta. He's a Marine and so was the man in the hat who sat beside me. They exchanged stories and it was fun to hear.
A few months back I went to a  Wine and Canvas Paint nite. I was supposed to go with a co-worker, but she got sick. So I called around and was able to have a friend go with me. I picked Cleo up and we went into Silverton. We had a good night. I am finally liking my painting. I'm still not quite sure of painting. I'd rather be a photographer any day! I went to one with Phil before Christmas which was fun.   That's the end of my photo stories for this day. 
********************
Hope your 3 day weekend is good and safe. 
Remembering our freedom isn't free, thanks to those veterans of our military 
for giving their all for our country. God bless their families as well.


 God bless you, my friends.
God Bless America!



7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely tribute. Take care.

Kathy said...

I really like the way you did this, showing us pictures of your days. It looks like that get together was a lot of fun. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Linda W. said...

Looks like you've been busy! Thanks for sharing your life in photos with us.

Betsy said...

My goodness you have had some busy days Becky. I'm with you on the eggs. I was getting farm fresh eggs from an organic farm near us and then they stopped selling eggs to donate to the seniors at their church instead. A great thing to do, but I miss the eggs! I went to a paint party not too long ago that was taught by a lady at our church. My painting didn't turn out too bad, but I think I'll stick to knitting. He a wonderful week my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Your days are full of celebrations and sweet remembrances, Becky. I think your painting is beautiful. Hoping you are able to get good rest in the midst of your especially eventful days. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the fresh eggs for a time and know what you mean about tasting a difference in the ones we can purchase at the market. Thank you for your service to our country. xx

Mereknits said...

You are always so busy Becky. Your daughter looks like she is so much fun to be around. Love your painting, I have never tried a class like that.
Hugs,
Meredith

Elizabeth said...

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. Been busy, busy too!

My daughter has done the Paint and Wine. Someday I will have to try it myself, though I don't drink wine.