Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Little Blessings

 I am a busy lady lately. Amazing how working on Bible study can take up my time. Each day. Then work. Weekends have been full with an activity or two each week. I'm studying the Armor of God with 11 ladies from our church. It's been a good study already. I've gleaned some things I'd read in the past but now it makes more sense. We are in a spiritual battle. Daily. We need to gird ourselves with the belt of truth. Put on the Helmet of salvation.....Ephesians 6. The study goes into other scripture to tie in with the daily work.
   In these past weeks we've had sadness hit our family again. Steve, Phil's brother, died last week from effects of ALS.  He wasn't well that weekend and from what I gathered on Facebook, it didn't sound good at all. We got a phone call a few early mornings later that he was gone.  Oh.dear.me.  This weekend I was able to hold my sweet little granddaughter. Later that evening I felt so much better. Our family has a new life and so thankful to love on Lydia. Our lives move forward.  Enjoying our family and friends and what God has blessed us with. 
I am truly working on another blog post. Photos loaded. Nearly ready to go. 
Thanks for stopping in for the continuing story of our lives thus far. Thankful for your comments and prayers. God bless you, one and all.

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Becky I am so sorry for your family's loss, you will certainly be in my prayers. Such a beautiful photo of you and the new baby, a real treasure. Take care.

Camille said...

So sorry for the earthly loss of Phil's brother, Becky. May the Lord give you and your family much comfort and peace in the midst of this sorrow. How precious it is to belong to Him. Big Hugs, Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

This has been such a tumultuous time in your family life...joys and sorrows. May the Comforter encourage you through all the feelings you have as you miss interaction with Steve here yet enjoy hugging your new little grand girl. This winter I completed that Bible study you are doing now and appreciated the teaching, too. xx

Mereknits said...

I am so sorry for your families loss Becky.
Hugs,
Meredith

Teresa Kasner said...

Sorry to hear of your loss.. it's always so sad. I'm glad you have a new life in your family to bring you joy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)