Thursday, July 14, 2016

Brightened Evening Thoughts

 This evening I was outdoors putting my yard debris bin out after I cut back some weeds in the flower beds. I decided to photograph my solar powered lighthouse I bought last week from work. Phil had the idea that I should get the moon in a photo as well. It turned out nice! He'd just come out of the garage from work....he worked over time tonight.
 "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light." Ephesians 5:8
 I'm enjoying this light. Much more than I did my work day today...and a couple days ago. So ready for the days off now. A few things happened that I didn't like, thank you very much to a person who tried to make life miserable for a few people. Not sure how the next few days will go. But I'm glad I'm not there. I just had to pray about the situation while at work, asking God to be present at the store and keep peace within.  Life in general hasn't been easy since last week and all the shootings and now Europe being hit with mass killings. What is this world coming to? So sad! 

This evening I spent time loading my car's trunk with items we no longer need. I still have to pull out some clothes to the car as well tomorrow. Headed for a charity shop. It amazes me how much stuff piles up and just by moving a few things....look! There's boxes to break down and put in the recycle bin for next week's haul! 
 This past week I took time to snap this photo before I did another chapter in my Armor of God Bible study. Strengthened my faith journey. I'm enjoying the Monday evening study with other woman of our church.
Last week I purchased a new timer while I was shopping at the Corning Ware store. My old one wasn't working well. I like the digital read out. It is fun to watch. Although the package says its a blue back light, the colors seem to change if you move different ways.  It is now TIME to sign off.  I will catch up with my weekends. I've been busy and have much to share. Take good care, my friends. God bless you and remember He's still in control! King of kings and Lord of lords. Amen!

"Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life." Proverbs 4:23


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I too pray for all this senseless carnage to end, my thoughts are with those who are affected by these sad killings. Beautiful photos of your new light. Take care.

Kathy said...

Your lighthouse light is lovely. I like how it changes colors. The pictures are great.

Life is sad and frightening these days. So sorry you are having trouble at work. Believe me when I say I know what that is. Not fun at all. But God is still in control. I'll be praying for you.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for sharing the pretty photos and the verse too, Becky. When Jesus told us that in this world we would know trouble He knew us so well...we have so much to talk to Him about...and to learn how to be peacemakers in a world that frequently irrupts in discord. While I was in church this morning I remembered I had forgotten to silence my phone. As I was switching the sound off a news announcement chased across the screen. Seven more police officers were shot, this time in Louisiana. My heart wrenched at the news and I sent out a quick prayer for all involved. Meanwhile I am encouraged as I read how you are growing in your relationship with the Lord...sharing things and study and prayers with others. Like you, I want to continue to grow in knowing Him and sharing His love in a world that desperately needs it. xxxxx

Camille said...

It is such a sweet comfort to rest our hearts in the Sovereign purposes of our Great God! May He give you His peace and strength in the midst of your challenging things my friend. Psalm 46 is a precious Psalm to meditate on in times of trial. XOXO