Saturday, July 23, 2016

Coastal Getaway

video

On Thursday afternoon, Phil and I were on board Gracie K, a 45' boat with Yaquina Bay Charters. Here's a short video I took on my cell phone to share with friends on Facebook. We had a good time, in spite of the seasick part that hit both of us. Bleah!! Well, I probably would have been ok except for visiting the "head" as nature called to go or wet my pants? Oh dear. I tried so hard to be brave and calm, which I was. Oh well...it's all good and don't regret one bit about going out.at.all!  It was so pretty out there and we saw 5 to 6 whales!  More photos coming. Promise! I just wanted to you to see where I've been. We left Wed about 5:30 after I got off work. Ate dinner at Otis Cafe. Spent two nights in Newport at the Comfort Inn. Our home away from home. This place is so quiet! Breakfast is delicious even though I have get out of pjs and into clothes to get it. Sigh!  Got home before sunset yesterday. We were both tired and still recovering.

A side note about video: I took for my coworker whose mother is in her last days of life. I asked Carrie what she wanted from the coast? A video of the ocean for her Madre. She got her request. I posted it on Facebook for her.  Please pray for her and the family in these hard days ahead. I've given a shoulder to cry on at work. It's not easy losing your mom. Been there. Done that.
(update:Carrie's mother died this morning)
Yaquina Head Lighthouse from the boat ride.
Bay water sloshing!

Sunset at Boiler Bay on Wednesday evening. 
Cell phone photos by me...do not copy please. Thank you!

Happy weekend my friends! Enjoy! Now the laundry commences!


10 comments:

Betsy said...

What a fun boatride! I haven't seen Yaquina Head lighthouse from the ocean perspective before. Loved it. I hope your week is a wonderful one my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

Thank you for your tip on my garden invaders, I think it is slugs. Looks like a fun boatride despite the sea sickness, it must have been amazing to see the whales.

Kathy said...

Just looking at the video made me feel queasy. I don't think I could ever go out on a boat like that. But glad you had a great time. It's always good to get away.

So sorry about your friend's loss of her mother. I'll be praying for her and her family.

aimee said...

You are MUCH braver than I Becky! Looking forward to seeing more of your ocean going photos :)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Please express my sympathy to your friend/coworker Carrie on the loss of her mom. Always difficult. Glad you could fulfill her request. You are a kind person.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Sounds like a fun trip, Becky - minus the 'lack of latrine' part :) There is something so soothing about the ocean.... How very sad about your friend Carrie's Mom. The thoughtful video must have been so comforting to her. xx Karen

TamaraB said...

Such a Blessing to get to see the whales. So sorry you guys got sick, but thank you for toughing it out and getting this great perspective of the Lighthouse. Looking forward to the pix to come.

Camille said...

So much fun! (Not, however, the seasick part...yucky!) I am so happy for you that you were able to have a little getaway. SO sorry to learn of Carrie's Mom. I am praying for her and for you as you seek to minister to her. Big Hugs, Camille

Becky L. said...

There was a small one. That's where the seasickness hit me! Bummer!

Teresa Kasner said...

How lucky you are to get to go out whale-watching and see them! I've never seen Yaquina Head Lighthouse from the sea, very special. Sorry you got seasick.. I do pretty well out in the ocean but got sick once and it's not fun. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Seeing whales close up is exciting, and thankfully I have not been seasick when whale watching, but once when deep sea fishing with my dad I was so seasick for four hours that it took me many years before I dared to go out on the ocean again. I'm glad you were able to honor your friend's request for the film. I am asking the Lord to comfort her. xx