Saturday, July 30, 2016

Weekend Flowers

 Flowers are abundant these days in Oregon. A couple Sundays ago, we were present at friends 40th anniversary celebration. We were also celebrating Sue's 60th birthday. Interesting combination. Dale and Sue were also married in the park that the celebration was held at. Nice weather. It was good to be at a shelter as well. I love these sweet peas.

 Every table had a couple jars with something on them. It appears they are collectors items for them. In Dale's accounting office there are little jars of sand of places they have been as well. Apparently all around the world. I have a glass milk bottle from the Ipswich Co-op. Milk was delivered to your door step. I've kept flowers in it on occasion.

Last Sat, the day after we got back from our coastal trip, I shot this lovely blue satin hibiscus in my flower bed. With the warmer weather, the blooms really came on and still coming on! This was right after the plant was watered. 
Flowers in a vase at Trader Joes today. (Cell phone photo.)

I didn't see any flowers today to photograph with my camera.  But did try out my new camera lens I bought for a great deal. Tomorrow I'm going to use it at a wedding we are attending. I'm sure there will be flowers there! I've tried it out here at home and the store where I bought it at. Tried out the display one as well. My new "toy" and need to use it! Now!
Happy weekend my friends and thank you so much for visiting!!!

**********
"He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." 2 Corinthians 1:22
**********


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The sweet peas were beautiful. Love the old milk bottle, such a shame that there is no daily milk delivery anymore.

Betsy said...

Your flower photos are beautiful. We used to have home milk delivery when I was small. The milkman would just let himself in if we weren't home. How times have changed. Hope all is well with you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful flowers! I haven't grown sweet peas in a long time. I wonder if I can get them to grow in the desert?

Gracie Saylor said...

It seems like I have seen a lot of wild pink Sweet Peas along the shoulders of the roads I have driven on this summer. Your bouquet of flower photos is lovely! xx