Sunday, August 7, 2016

Heart of a Warrior

 This past week was my "wear purple everywhere" I went just because I felt like it. And I could. And I did. I wore this shirt one day at work and it inspired me to write about being a warrior for God. I've still been working through my Armor of God Bible study. The same day I wore this shirt, a customer wore a t-shirt with a bat on it. As in a fruit bat or vampire bat, more than likely, due to the quote on the t-shirt. It read (to this effect, but forgot the last bit): "I know I'm not cute nor handsome, but you can act like I'm good looking and ........If not I will eat your soul." Oh that's quite a statement! Interestingly enough that I said,  "that saying is a bit frightening. But nobody can really eat your soul unless you let them. Armor up, stand firm, believe in God." This man lightened up and shook his head in agreement. Later on I realized it went with my shirt as a heart of a warrior. Not only was I in the military, at one time, but I'm a soldier in God's Army, even though I was in the Air Force. It still works! Have the heart and mind set of what God wants our mind to be set on. Not on auto pilot but really engaged in our life walk. Knowing what we believe. 
Honor God with our lives and giving Him praise and worship through out our days.
Courage to stand up for what we believe. 
Dedication to love others and put ourselves out there to help in many ways. Have a heart for what breaks Jesus' heart.

"And I say to you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more than they can do." Luke 12:4

"And do not fear those who kill the body but unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy body and soul in hell." Matthew 10:28

Jesus was talking with the twelve disciples before He sent them out on their journeys to teach people. He sent them out with commands and told of persecutions that were about to happen on their journeys. After He spoke this verse, above, He also told them how much He cared for them. It is written for all of us who came afterwards. 

We are all in this race of life together. The very same day of the t-shirt incident, I was driving home from work.  In my town USA we have a single lane that goes into two lanes, each way. It leads to the over pass in the direction I was going.  Most of the time there's traffic that speeds by me. Guess what? I'm right behind the vehicles that sped in front of me. To get where?  We want to get there faster and don't take time to see the life right in front of us, beside us. Do we look behind to see if there is someone lagging that needs encouragement? Honor the person beside you with lifting them up in spirit and prayer if need be. Start a conversation.  Jesus cares for all of us and wants us to spread His love around in our daily living situations. He's all about life changes for the better!

 We have a final destination that is guaranteed.  Let's take other people with us to heaven.


 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things that you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"  Hebrews 13:5-6


Hello to 2 new Google followers!   Have a blessed week my friends!


Linking up with Give Me Grace:Lisha Epperson
&

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I like your new tshirt. We really do need to have the heart of a warrior in God's army. We are to fight for the faith wherever we may be. I smiled at your traffic story. That happens to me all of the time. I'm doing the speed limit, someone flie by me and then I'm right behind or next to them at the next traffic light. In a hurry for what!?! Have a great day Becky.
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I like your spirit, Becky - we all need to slow down and think about why we are here more often. To be kind, honest, compassionate, and helpful to one another, just as Jesus taught. Thank you for the sweet reminder. Hugs and blessings xo Karen

Gracie Saylor said...

It can be challenging when the Lord allows us to go into battle for Him. I am encouraged when I remember how God's people obeyed Him and walked around Jericho seven time, gave a shout, and the walls came tumbling down! He has such interesting ways of winning! xx