Friday, September 30, 2016

Flowers on Friday

 Way early in Sept. I visited the Swan Island Dahlia farm in Canby. I headed there after I got off my early day shift. It was so pretty there and oh so many dahlias to see and photograph. Here are my few on my favorites!






 These flowers were so pretty. I was able to keep them looking good for a week. Once they start going, there is a distinctive smell. It comes from the stems.  It means it's time for the flowers to go! Sigh!
 This gallon sized jar is what I put the dahlias in. I'd bought it at a thrift store a few years ago. I like it for the different type of glass it is.
 Up close and personal to this dahlia. It is an orange pink, the older it got. So pretty!


 Evening is upon us. Have a good weekend, my friends!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful photos! And your header is lovely, too! :)

Linda W. said...

Beautiful flowers - and great photos of them too! :)

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful flowers, such a wonderful array of colour. Have a great weekend.

Betsy said...

Such gorgeous flowers Becky. You are blessed to live near so many beautiful places to visit. I remember going to a Harvest Farm near Boring or Sandy....somewhere around there with Mandy and Piper. We had a lot of fun that day. Have a lovely weekend my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

Oh, I love dahlias. Your pictures are wonderful. So beautiful.

Mereknits said...

Just gorgeous!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. We don't see dahlias very often in Eastern Oregon!

Camille said...

So glorious!! Isn't it amazing to observe the variety of the flowers the Lord created? They really do seem to shout out that there is a God! Hugs, Camille

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Becky! Love that farm😄
Blessings,
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for the photo bouquet of Dahlias, Becky! I have not been to Swan Island for several years, but loved visiting it and am glad your could enjoy it this year. xx