Sunday, September 4, 2016

Thankful through Busy Living


 
Life gets busy with work. Come home,  help with dinner, most nights. Wash dishes, some nights. Find time to rest my weary body, especially my feet and legs that I've stood on all.day.long. But I'm thankful for all of them...feet, legs, home, food, messy dishes. My days off work include shopping and enjoying some time of enjoyment, like this past Friday. After I got my hair washed, trimmed and dried, I was able to enjoy beauty of flowers and fruit at Bauman Farms. I bought a 20# box of honey crisp apples for $1 per lb! Now in garage and awaiting to be made into applesauce and make pie slices for pies. Got a bit more fruit and potatoes, since I'm making potato salad for Monday dinner. I'm off that day.


Bought new shoes for walking in the evenings. So far these have really made my feet happier walking and comfort is a plus! I will remember these shoes next time I need a pair. Saucony trail shoes.On sale $49.99---saved $35!!! 
Putting away canned goods I bought mid week and all on sale. I made biscuits from scratch for dinner and remainder are in freezer for upcoming week needs. Popcorn is some that Megan had popped that afternoon. I snitched some too! I got my car washed that day as well. It was so dirty from the dry weather and sitting under a couple different trees that produced pitch. On the windshield and windows...look awful with the dirt on it. A deluxe car wash fit the bill for $7!!!    Now this week we look forward to getting our roof replaced, starting tomorrow! Not gonna like the noise of it all. I'm going to get out to the dahlia farm in the afternoon with my friend Linda T. from church, another photographer buddy!

Sometimes all my running around I do on my days off frazzles me nerves!!!! A few weeks ago I'd been out for a eye dr. appointment. I'd spent time figuring out what glasses I wanted to buy at eye dr. So many choices but still was tired of it all with billing and yes...adding a pr of over the glasses sunglasses to it all. Any other choices than black? Look at a catalog. Tortoise it is. I can wear them when I wear my contact lenses as well. All adds up but thankful for insurance and HSA card to help (health savings account).  Ate lunch. Did some shopping. Office Depot deals.  At Costco, after shopping for more deals, I was just D.O.N.E.!!!  This chocolate strawberry swirl was the much needed treat for my day. Splurge once in awhile. Time to sit and rest my weary self. Found thankful moments on the way home with sprinklers going in a field means there's water to help grow crops. Beauty of the sunshine in the afternoon. Thank you Lord God for your provisions!  Sometimes I don't give Him enough praise that He is due. A constant battle of reminding myself of all I have and stop getting stuck in life. Going about my day and not being thankful.
 God is good all the time. 

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; 
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him."
Psalm 34:8 

"How sweet are thy words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
Psalm 119:103-105
"Accept my offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach my thy 
ordinances." vs 108
"Thy testimonies are my heritage for ever; yea, they are the joy of my heart. I incline my heart to perform thy statutes for ever, to the end." 
 vs 111-112.

**************

Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was Bauman Farms! Love that place! Beautiful flower and I really like the Anerican flag on the building. So happy to hear you will get your roof replaced. We still have a section of ours to do, but it will have to wait till next year most likely.
Have a good week Becky-hope you had a great time at the Dahlia farm.
Blessings,
Aimee

Linda W. said...

I like the title of this post! A reminder that busy is good....much better than the alternative.

Summer said...

Love the pretty flowers! Have a great week ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

You are right. We too seldom thank the Lord for His many blessings to us. We get lazy and take things for granted.

What a nice day you had. I don't know how you get so much done. Hope the roof gets done with a minimum of disruption to you.