Friday, September 16, 2016

Prayer Full Days




The sun shone golden around the grove of trees while I drove across my town Tuesday evening. 
Come morning, the house was cool as I rise for my early shift work day. I shrug into my hooded brown sweater once I'm dressed and ready for breakfast. Headed to work... Switched to my hardware themed long sleeved jeans shirt over my tshirt. Brrr..a chilly morning. Thankful for heat in the car to warm the cool air inside the car. Sunglasses on.


In between sunset and sunrise (and vice versa) life happens.  One never knows when  life altering moments will happen to someone you know. Lately my days have been filled with prayer. 
More than normal.


Sweet baby girl Harper Jane was born Sept 8 to a young couple in our church family. Although full term she had problems from beginning. Not breathing when born, very faint heartbeat. She's now living beyond the doctors' expectations. I can only imagine what Lisa and Chad are feeling now. She fighting for her little life thru an infection, thru the meds and beeping machines and tests. She's still here because of so much PRAYER!!!

     My girlhood friend, Laura, had surgery on Monday to remove a brain tumor. On Sunday, her sister, Karen, died from health problems. I lift the family in PRAYER for healing from surgery and healing their hearts from loss.  A coworker, JG, who has health issues and needs tests run. PRAYER.

My daughter, Megan, has another job test she passed and now an interview in early Oct. She really wants to work in her career field now that she's graduated university. PRAYER for this job to work out for her.

     Praying for friends whose marriage is broken... I prayed for all of them on Monday night. I'd just shut down my laptop and closed the lid and bent my head and talked to God about all these dear people. As I walked towards my bed, in the quiet of the after midnight house I thought to myself. "I prayed for my friends' marriage. Why not pray for our marriage? It can always be blessed as days are uncertain in this life on earth."

                    Thank you Lord for all you've done on heaven and earth.
 "You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them." Acts 4:24

"Blessed be God, who has not turned away my PRAYER, Nor His mercy from me. " Psalm 66:30


 "Because your loving kindness is better than life,  My lips shall praise You,
Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name,
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth will praise You with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, Because you have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice, My soul follows close behind you, Your right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:3-8 NKJV


5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I seem to be praying more than usual these days too, giving thanks for the good life that I have and hoping against hope that my nephew is now at peace, we are all struggling with his loss. I will join you in prayer for your friends. Take care.

Gracie Saylor said...

One of the Scriptures I read this morning was Psalm 61:4 "Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings." The image of being hugged by wings like a mother hen hugs her chicks is so comforting to me. Safe and loved is what we want for us and those around us, isn't it, Becky...and the heart of all our prayers in Christ. Thanks for your thoughtful post! xxxx

Betsy said...

Ah Becky. Such a heartfelt and thoughtful post. I will join you in prayer for your friends. So much tragedy and uncertainty in our world these days and we never know if we'll draw another breath at the end of the day. I also love the verse Gracie quoted for the same reasons. I, for one, cannot wait for the day I'm in Heaven and away from so much "yuck" here on earth.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

I am sending a prayer to all of your people in need my friend. You are the best taking time out of your busy life to make sure they are in your thoughts,
Meredith

Summer said...

Your words have inspired me to spend more time in prayer♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com