Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Fall Focus

 The days have been busy and I'm sharing a few photos I took last weekend to show a wee bit of our anniversary getaway to the Columbia River Gorge area.  It was a perfect weekend, not too cold nor too wet. Our first stop after TA Center in Troutdale, was the Women's Forum lookout. Here we saw the Vista House at Crown Point, to the east. Then we stopped there after getting out of the parking lot....weird angle to park so you had to go down and turn around in the end of area. It was worse getting out of the parking lot at Vista House. So many people wanting to park and we just wanted to go to Hiway 30 that led to many waterfalls. It's a nice weekend and people were out! But it was doable and people were nice!

 Our next stop was Bridal Veil falls. On our walk down I spied these leaves changing quite interestingly! Nice little walk down and fun to talk to people along the way down and up! We even had a few children wave at us, which was sweet!

 Here's the top of Bridal Veil falls. That's all you're going to get! Sneak peek, remember?! There is more to show in a post later! Water was running low in these falls and other falls we checked out. So pretty and refreshing to see God's world in the autumn of the year!
**************

 I drove down to Albany to visit my brother David today. His birthday is early next week, so I thought I'd treat him to lunch at Burgerville and took him a gift as well. We had a good time. 

After eating and talking, we went our separate ways. I did a bit of grocery shopping then headed to Hobby Lobby. It's the only one in Oregon, I believe. Here's my goodies. I spent time in the sticker aisle replenishing my supplies. Got a metal sign that I had to buy and a Snoopy fall flag I'll put outdoors. Both on sale! I had to look and feel yarn. Almost bought a variegated skein of yarn...and it wasn't even purple!!!!!NO!!! Walk!Away!Why do I torture myself? Sigh!  It was an ok drive down and back, some rain. Beautiful colors here and there. I know it's autumn when the clouds are in the trees and there's a chill in the air, in the evening. Thankful for safe drive as there was a couple of cars on the side of the interstate that had been involved in an accident. One had it's tail end smashed in and back window was gone! Oh!MY!
*****************************

 UPDATE TIME! My friend, Laura, who is sitting to the left of me in this photo, is doing better after her brain tumor surgery. She went home yesterday to live with a friend for awhile. She was so happy to be out of the hospital and rehabilitation and into a real living situation. I've talked to her 3 times now and and each time she talks and sounds better! We had a good conversation last night, even telling me about her sister's full belief and baptism in Christ before she died! Amazing!!!  
Eventually Laura will need chemo and still rehab, but out patient. Continued prayers for her recovery and other aspects of her life. My friend, Beth, had a pace maker put in her heart, while she was on vacation with her husband. They were in Idaho. She's doing better. Oh dear, I am so glad my friends are doing ok but it hurts to know they are in pain, one worse than the other. But we all know the Lord and that's getting us through it all! Beth and I will be traveling later this month for Karen (Laura's sister) memorial service.

Last but not least, is little Harper Jane. All ready to go home! Yes indeed! Happy Dance! They went home on Monday and her sister Kinslee is just beaming! I'm so thankful that this little girl has been healed by our God! There is still a chance of learning disabilities. Her brain functions checked out fine! Thank you so much for your prayers for her and my friend! Thank you God for your mercy and faithfulness!

Tomorrow, October 8th, Phil and I will celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary! Even though our getaway was a bit early, we have to plan it when we can go. I think the weather is a bit wetter this weekend! Phil found this mushroom on our walk around the other loop of Bridal Veil falls. I took other photos of it. Moved around to get another angle! Hey, it's heart shaped! This is one of three things we saw on our trip that was heart shaped! I can only imagine it was meant for us. We just had to look and find them!

Also am excited that Megan got tickets for the Portland TrailBlazer game Nov 11. It was a good deal through her church, where there are connections with the Blazers from there! Sweet! Cannot wait! The tickets were $20 each and in the 200 level, which is really good! Am gonna take my camera, maybe! :}

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end,
They are new every morning; Great is thy faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion,"  says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him."
Lamentations 3:22-25

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, Becky, what a fantastic post! I loved all the pictures. Your purchases at Hobby Lobby are wonderful. I love the flag, but then you knew I would being such a Peanuts fan that I am. And the sign -- well, I would have had to buy that too. Can't wait to see more pictures of the Bridal Veil Falls. So pretty.

What wonderful news about how well your friends are doing. We go through so much here on earth, but our God is an awesome God and one who heals us.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

Gracie Saylor said...

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing your getaway photos, and I loved the photo of you and your brother :) The verses are encouraging! Happy Weekend, Becky :) xx

Linda W. said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

Betsy said...

I loved seeing all of your photos. Your life is so full and busy. I was also very happy to read the update son your friends that I''ve been praying for and little Harper too. God is good! Dennis and I are heading to the coast, probably Lincoln City in two weeks, Oct. 21-24. Maybe we can meet up somewhere?
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

Once again Happy Anniversary 39 years together is a wonderful achievement, wishing you many more happy years. I am thrilled to hear about the beautiful baby going home and that your friends are doing so much better. They will continue to be in my prayers. Take care.

Terri Tiffany said...

I hope your anniversary was wonderful!! We just celebrated our 39th too. It was so nice to hear from you on my blog. I have been so out of the loop but hope to eventually use my blog more often. Life has just been so crazy!

Summer said...

Congrats on 39 years with your hubby! have a great rest of your week ♥