Friday, October 28, 2016

Story in My Day

 Thursday evening I was out at a meeting. When I came home and was trying to figure out all the dates on calendar for appointments, I had to go into bedroom to look for something. I ended up sitting on the bed and finished up my on cell phone calendar. I had a physical therapy appointment this morning so I needed to be sure what I had already planned. Here's my jammy pants and my book I have shopping lists, plans, write what I need to remember.....
 My pt appointment went well and thankful my back/leg pain can be fixed with exercises. I'm already having some relief, which is a good thing. Subway was my lunch stop that turned into an interesting story. The trees are so pretty now. I like to sit when I can see out . The day was beautiful and just right weather wise. It was about 60 degrees.
 While eating my lunch, an elderly man was going across the street in his electronic scooter. He stopped in the middle of the road. He sat there a couple minutes. I told the man across the booth about the ordeal, he jumped up to help him.....I went out to see what was happening....to make a long story short, we both decided to call police dept since man's son lived out of town. I was figuring out the non-emergency number as the other man left..he had to be back at work.
 Just as I was ready to push the call button, I looked up and there was a police officer right there! I looked at my phone then back at him! Back at my phone! What? I asked him if he was here to help? No, he'd come in for lunch. Then I told him the situation and he went out to talk with the elderly man. All worked out well, man got a ride home courtesy of the city. I went out once I'd finished my food and talked with the officer, who I've met before, and the man. Elderly man told me thank you for my help. We hugged each other. It was one of those moments where you just have to help! In no way am I seeking praise. He is my "neighbor". Just sharing a story that had a funny part in it. And a good thing happened when it could have been worse.
 I picked up this magazine while I was waiting in the pt office. I really like James Earl Jones, so I read the article. I flipped through rest of magazine to see what else was in there before I was called to my appointment. Yes, I left the magazine there, even though it might have been helpful to us.
 After lunch I did some shopping and spent longer in the store than I should have. Got some non food items besides food. Found a few good deals on clearance for Christmas. I bought this place mat. It's the same pattern as a tablecloth that I nearly bought. I'm going to use it for center of the table to make it look pretty! It goes well with my non Pioneer Woman dishes.
 Rimmel has become my favorite face makeup. I spied these lip balms and bought this one. It's actually made in London! The liquid make up in made in Monaco. I wanted to try this balm out and see how my lips fare.
Yep, I kept calm and shopped til I nearly dropped. But it was a good day. Once I got home and unloaded, I sat down and rested and watched an old NCIS with Megan. Then made dinner. Went on a walk in the cool of the evening and it wasn't raining and we crunched through the leaves on sidewalk and Phil told me marriage jokes he'd read in Readers' Digest! Now we're at the end of the week where I've worked on being purposeful in living. Spending time keeping up with chores as cleaning and going through mail. Ready to get all the political ads out of the house. I still need to vote and get that into the ballot box across town. I miss going to the polls, like we once did. Mail in ballots in Oregon. 
 Happy weekend, my friends!



7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, Becky, what a wonderful week you have had. The fact that your back and legs can be helped with exercises makes me hopeful that mine might be also. And what are the chances that you would be dialing the police when one actually showed up. I had to chuckle at that. Coincidence? Or God planned? So glad the man was able to get help.

Your buys look so great. I have never heard of Rimmel cosmetics. I will have to check them out.

Living a purposeful life is good. I'm trying. I have all of next week planned so let's see how I do.

mamasmercantile said...

You certainly was a good Samaritan, we need more people like you. Love the table mat it will make a lovely centre piece on your table.

Linda W. said...

It's good that you were able to help that elderly man. What a great story!

Betsy said...

I enjoyed hearing about your day and how sweet to know people are still willing to help others. Love all of your purchases. I don't think I've ever seen that brand of makeup before. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

You were so nice to help, I would have done the same thing. Have a great weekend,
Meredith

Gracie Saylor said...

It is so good to be at the right place at the right time to be able to help, isn't it, and neat that you didn't have to call the police :) I have been studying my ballot this afternoon and praying for days about how to vote. I am glad God is in charge. I am getting excited about driving down to CA to celebrate my oldest sister's 75th birthday next week. Happy Weekend! xx

Summer said...

So nice of you to help ♥