Saturday, November 19, 2016

Days of Outings

 Thursday was a vacation day from work. I got my hair trimmed. Went into another town to buy Christmas stamps since my town's post office wouldn't get theirs til next week. Score 60 stamps! Too many choices. Now I'm waiting for our Christmas photo greeting cards to arrive next week. Went to Baumans and picked up a Marionberry pie for dessert at Phil's work Thanksgiving dinner that was on Friday. I also bought the horse plate I shared a few posts ago. So pretty!


      Friday dawned and I headed to the dentist again. This time just a cleaning. A different xray was done of whole mouth. Interesting technology these days. It tells alot. No cavities. So I just got cleaning done and made an appointment for 6 months out. I'm as happy as the metallic cowboy at McDonald's where I ate lunch.
   And Mt Hood was out with clouds all around it. No sun. It looked chilly with all that snow but we need it so. Chilly these days that maybe hit 50 degrees and nights into the 30s. I'm not complaining.
     I came home and did was some cleaning for 30 minutes. I timed myself so I'd not be late for physical therapy appt. My back and leg has bothered me and certain exercises are helping it all get better. Compressed discs (2) caused the problem. Thankful for ways to fix it without surgery. This is my 3rd visit.
 In the evening I went bowling with 6 co-workers. Tish came by and picked me up. Her boyfriend Wayne was driving her new car.  It was a good ride in Kia Sojourner. There was fun had by all. I'm not the best bowler but I did ok. Here's my feet on the left and Carrie's feet on the right. Black lights make everything change color. Fun! There were friends and or family that came too that made about 14 of us.
Tish, Wayne and I bowled 2 games. I didn't want to overdo my back and muscles. Wayne was tired from his early morning hours for work. So we headed home. I ate a leftover Marionberry pie slice with Rocky Road ice cream while Megan just had ice cream.
     Today I'm headed out to grocery story to get my meal deal for our thanksgiving dinner. We'll eat turkey and the ham will be for Christmas. I shove the turkey in fridge which is never fun cuz I have to move everything around. I'm glad the shelves can be moved. Also stopping at one more Christmas bazaar. I've really got most of my gifts but it's always good to see what they have. Maybe there'll be a car that is good for grandson.
    Have a pleasant weekend and I'll be back soon. Life is busy but I 'll be here for you!  God bless and thanks for stopping by.

     "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:1-2
   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed Saturday to you! I am glad to hear that you were able to buy the horse plate-I love horses and that is such a pretty one pictured on it! Wishing you a good Sunday-time for me to get caught up with Bible reading.
Blessings,
Aimee

mamasmercantile said...

The horse plate was a delight, so I am not surprised that you went back for it. Sounds like a fun evening bowling with co-workers, so nice that you all get on. Have a blessed Sunday.

baili said...

wow you did so much .
glad you got stamps for your cards .

hope your back is doing fine .i suffered with backache for many years but with thank God that regular exercises helped and i am fine now