Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Birthday Time

 This week was busy with birthdays in the family. We went to Dennys for lunch after church on Sunday to celebrate Phil's 60th birthday. Friends gave him a Star Trek calendar and I gave him a tshirt. It was a small portion of his gift.


 This evening Megan and I met up for her birthday meal at Dennys. Both birthday people got a free grand slam. "Could I please open my present mom?!" Inside was a maristroka doll apron I bought her. She likes the nesting dolls as well.

Here's our meal. It's 3rd time in a week since I ate at Denny's. Last Tuesday I met up with Tamara for Christmas fun. It's been a fun journey with Phil and Megan. I cannot imagine my life without them. God's blessed their lives and in return they have touched other people with their care and kindness.
   Life's been busy with an OMSI visit on clear roads on Sat. Finalizing Christmas plans and getting ready for work party on Thursday. I'm making fudge again. Everyone enjoys it and expects it now. Our weather's warmer than last week when we had a smattering of snow.  If I don't get back here before Christmas, I wish you the best Christmas with fun times, good gifts and Joy and Peace that only Jesus can give. He's our Savior and Lord, who is the real reason for this Christmas season!! Thanks for being my friends through the years. You're all special to me. God bless and keep you safe.


Lights and snow on rhody bush last week.

Photos by Becky Lowmaster 2016 copyrighted...all photos on this blog post. Do not copy. Thank you.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

You have definite had a busy week of celebration! We love Denny's but the one close to us closed a few years ago. Happy Birthday to Phil and Megan!
Blessings,
Betys

mamasmercantile said...

Such a wondrous time of year. You are certainly busy. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

Linda W. said...

Happy birthday to your husband and daughter! And Merry Christmas to you!

mamasmercantile said...

Becky, the postman has just been and to my delight there was a wonderful package from you. I am thrilled that you consider me as a friend and sent me the beautiful card and calendar. I am indeed humbled by your generosity but rest assured it is most welcome. I am sorry that I am not emailing this but I am struggling with an erratic computer at the moment but wanted you to know that it has arrived. Take care.

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Becky! I have just scrolled back and caught up with your posts I somehow missed...even though my schedule has been so less busy than yours...I think my blogroll doesn't roll in a timely manner. Happy Birthday to Phil and Megan! I'm glad you have been having happy gatherings with family and friends, I love seeing your pretty lights, and I wish you and yours a blessed celebration of Jesus' coming to save us! xx

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday to Phil and your daughter. Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday.