Friday, December 23, 2016

Early Christmas Lunch Out

 I got into Christmas cheer this week by painting my fingernails Festive Red (by Cover Girl). Why? We had a Christmas party at work on Thurs. and Christmas is nearly here. And because I can!!! Both my index fingers have a Jamberry wrap on them called Sweet as Pie. Can you see it? It's fun and of course there's pie and cookies and fudge and cakes and cinnamon rolls to name a few of the endless treats we stuff ourselves with this holiday season! So thankful for an late afternoon walk with Phil. I needed it as I'd not walked, for exercise, for over a week, due to the weather.  I realized I've not baked much at all this month. Oh I think I'm losing out on things.  I did make a pie for my birthday people though!
 This late morning I drove to Albany and met my brother, David, for his Christmas lunch. I do this every year for him since he doesn't drive out of town, due to eye sight nor at dark. The interstate is a big no-no for him. While driving I was listening to Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas cd. As I got into town, Auld Lang Syne was playing. I started crying. It is hard to go into Albany and not visit with my mom. I miss her so. I just had to bring myself to calmness at the traffic light once off interstate. Remember the good times to make it better. It's our 3rd Christmas without her. It's a bit easier than the first but we still miss her.
 We enjoyed our time together and I gave him a gift and after we ate, we parted ways. I wanted to head home but stopped along the way.

 Our sweet waitress, Christine. She was fun to talk with and she spent time taking a few photos. It wasn't real busy there.
 I stopped in Trader Joe's for food and goodies. I lost my marbles and found these Chocolate Marbles candy made in France, and put them in my cart along with other goodies. Including some cranberry cheese logs we'll use to celebrate our 40th year of meeting on Christmas eve. Over a cheeseball on Christmas eve....in RAF Woodbridge, England!
 I was excited to receive a card and little crocheted wreath ornament from my blogger friend, Gracie, in our mail today. Thank you so much! It has it's place on the miniature fiber optic Christmas tree!
 Here's all things British from Cost Plus World Market. A 15% off sale to use til tomorrow. I snagged these teas to add to my collection. I drink a lot of tea.The Cadbury cookie collection is actually made in England! Not sure why isn't not called biscuits instead as that's how it's described on the back. There are no cookies in England. They're called biscuits. I finally saw a crumpet today and it resembles an english muffin. Mmm! I drove to Target but the parking lot was jam packed. Turned around and headed for home on the interstate that wasn't too bad.


This year I added flameless tea lights to my Precious Moments nativity scene.  This is Mary, Joseph, a shepherd, baby Jesus and a rabbit in this photo. It's hard to get the complete scene in with low light. The tea lights make it look like little camp fires. It adds a whole new feel to it.
Merry Christmas to all!

Luke 2:1-20
"And the angel said to them,"Be not afraid; for behold I bring you good new of a great joy which will come to all the people; for to you is born in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a babe wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying; "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom he is pleased."      When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, " Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us." And they went with haste, and found Mary and Joseph, and the babe lying in the manger. And when they saw it they made known the saying which had been told them concerning this child; and all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. But Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart.  And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen." 

6 comments:

Betsy said...

You're sure keeping yourself busy Becky. How nice to be able to spend time with your brother. We had lots of snow overnight again. Dennis isn't out snowblowing right now. I'm really over snow. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a oat blessed new year.
Betsy

Mereknits said...

Glad you got to spend time with your brother. This is the second year without my Dad, it almost seems worse to me somehow. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nail polish color Becky! Nice. I will have to try a cranberry cheese log sometime-sounds most yummy😄
Wishing you and yours a blessed and joy-filled Christmas! Celebrations do bring out mixed emotions for sure, but God is faithful.
Blessings Always,
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

I'm glad you like the ornament, Becky :) Missing my loved ones who are no longer on earth with me seems especially strong during holidays, and I am so glad that you, like me, have family and friends nearby to keep in touch with. I have had one of the calendars you made for me posted by my front door so that I can enjoy seeing it [and figure out what day it is :)]. Thanks for keeping me up to date with a pretty new calendar. xx

Camille said...

I enjoyed your pre-Christmas post my friend....thank you for sharing your adventures and your heart and your faith....you are a blessing. So sorry for the sorrow you carry in losing your Mama....what a wonderful day it will be when the Lord calls all His own to be with Him forever!! What a future we have to look forward to. How sweet that you have a celebration of your date with Phil on Christmas Eve....40 years ago....so wonderful!! May the Lord bless you richly in the coming year and beyond. Much Love, Camille

Teresa Kasner said...

I enjoyed seeing all your doings.. nice that you have a brother nearby to keep in touch with. Thanks for the card and magnet calendar!! We have it on our fridge. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
  *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*