Saturday, December 3, 2016

Pondering Words of my Week

     December has appeared on the calendar. Where has the time gone? Days swiftly move on as I am busy working and keeping up with life at home and community. Sometimes I feel I'm in a little sphere and don't go out into the world. Same stuff, different day. But I think its ok in my town. I met a older Russian lady in a store shopping on Friday morning. (She's been my hardware store this week.) When she saw me, she brightened up with a smile and greeted me in Russian and Spanish. I replied in a Spanish phrase I knew. She laughed and replied in Russian and walked away happy. Apparently I made her day!  Why am I sharing this?  I feel at times all I have done in the few miles I go throughout my days is rarely different.  The world is out there and I'm in a small quadrant. But it matters what I do wherever I go. Even to shop like last Sat where there was a poinsettia display near the door. Where I purchased a Christmas towel for my kitchen. Work with children at church.

     I trot into another day near the weekend that ends with a painful foot Thursday night after work. I had stopped in at a ladies' event at Coastal Farm. Stood in line to get freebie bag but I was past the 100th lady...oh well. Got a snack. Found Bernadette and we talked a bit while looking at clothes. I was able to find a few things to buy that were % off. Best buy was a silver cross necklace for mere dollars due to clearance. Met a few other people I knew and store manager was helpful while I was looking at a collection of jams and jarred veggies. Pickled beets. Garlic. Jerky. Interesting display and conversation. Always people who are going to talk with me or just ignore me even if in close proximity. Left into the chilly evening where someone decides not to take shopping cart back but leave it in front of my car. I slowly reversed and it didn't move. Good. Later my foot hurt while out for a walk with Phil. I made halfway down the street then pain just made me turn back home. Finally had to get off the sofa and take 2 advil to relieve painful left foot. Thankful for physical therapy appt Friday. Therapist examined the foot a bit and got it feeling better. She was so kind in some of my session. Holding my hands so I wouldn't fall in balance exercise. Even though she gets paid to help me, in return she brightened my life.
     Now that Christmas time is near, it was time to bring out the mugs we have for now. The one to the far right is Megan's and the rest are mine. The Spode Christmas tree mug, in the middle, was from some years ago that came home with me from an outlet store near the ocean. Even though I'm not able to get the dishes, I wind up with one piece to enjoy.

      Saturday is here. We've got grandchildren with us. Our day was busy. I'm finishing up a few things, like this blog post while grandpa and Owen are working on 1000 pc puzzle. Melody and Megan are coloring pages from a color magazine while listening to Christmas music.  Earlier we were at the Salem Riverfront Carousel, which the children enjoyed. They go home tomorrow. Baby Lydia is with mom and dad. She's teething so I'm praying she doesn't completely ruin their 10th anniversary weekend.  My foot is better, now that I am wearing an arch support again.
      God bless you all in this busy season where I hope you share the joy with people you meet! Remember, Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
                                                        *******************************

    Weather is chilly and there's a threat of snow. It's getting cold enough at night but I'm not going to hold my breath til it all comes. Valley floor where we are is 500 ft level. Day temps reach 51 to 49 and lower at night. Not freezing yet.


6 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

I'm hoping for snow :) and glad to know your foot is feeling better. Even though it may not often seem like it, I think that each loving act we do encourages ripples of love to flow from us toward others...the positive effects reaching far beyond where we may imagine. Happy Weekend, Becky! xx

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to hear about your foot but relieved to know you are getting some relief. I have a few pieces of Spode, that I have collected over the years mainly from Charity shops. Sounds like you have a great time with the Grandchildren, they bring so much joy don't they? Take care.

Kathy said...

I often feel as if I am in a small world also. So little contact with anyone other than my small circle. It's good to know there's a larger group of people we can touch and hopefully bless.

Your Christmas towel is so cute. That was a good find.

I am so sorry about your foot. I have had foot problems and know the pain you must be experiencing. I hope you feel better soon. Do just what the doctor says. I'll be praying for you.

Betsy said...

Becky, I think you influence others more than you know. Your kindness is such a part of you. You are such a good friend, even a long distance friend. How sweet of you to look for ways to make others days brightre, lik Ethel lady at the store. I wish you a wonderful season as we celebrate the Lord Jesus' birth. And I hope your foot is completely better soon.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

Hope your foot continues to heal Becky. Hugs,
Meredith

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Becky, sorry to hear of your sore foot.. I hope it gets all better. I agree that we should all try to get out of our comfort zones and meet new people and be kind to those you might just pass by.

*********************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-)