Thursday, January 19, 2017

Nostalgic Week 3 Photo Challenge


My pick for nostalgic theme this week was my Betsy Wetsy doll from my childhood. I dressed her in a crocheted sweater with a hood that was my (now adult) daughter's when she was a baby. The knitted blanket in the background was hers as well. I remember opening the box of this doll one Christmas and was so happy to receive from my parents, around age 6 or 7. It's been so cold I couldn't bear her just wearing her little dress. So she's still wearing the sweater and is wrapped in the blanket and laying near my sewing machine.  I love her little face! So much so I took a close up of her. 

I still have fond memories of a few other dolls and a couple stuffed animals that I had while young. What's a good memory of your childhood toy? Or game?

-----------------------------------
Weather update---our snow is gone. It started raining yesterday and it's much warmer. As we were headed to Bible study, the wind was really blowing hard from the southwest. Rain fell as well. We had to go around some tree branches on the road headed home, a different way. A train was impeding traffic so we had to go a back road.  Good thing I have good reflexes! 
 We're still waiting on the part for our furnace. Hopefully tomorrow or no later than Friday. It's been a trial but we're surviving it. A bit of coughing from Megan but I think it's due to cooler house as I've got some happening too. Not good on asthma but the cold weather didn't help much. We are doing good with some heat from a oil radiant heater, new one so it's safe, and a couple smaller ones that are helpful. Thanks for your concern and appreciate your prayers for our trying times. 

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7


5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful to see your childhood doll and for her to be wearing the precious sweater of your daughters. You must have so many treasured memories. Praying that you stay well and that your heating system can be repaired soon. Take care.

Kathy said...

I love your little doll. I had tons of dolls when I was little. Between my sister and myself we had over 50 dolls. I know because we used to play "Miss America" and there was a doll for each state. So nice that she has warm clothes and a blanket. Especially since your heater is still out. I'm glad it will get fixed in the next couple of days. I have never gone without heat for such a long time. I would have had to go to a hotel. At least your weather is getting warmer.

Gracie Saylor said...

She was so loved as was your dolly, my sister doll to yours had a receding hairline as well :) I no longer have her but I enjoy seeing yours so cozy. We just have mounds of snow here and there, especially in some parking lots, but driving was so much easier even though I had to dodge a lot of potholes on the route I took. I hope your furnace part arrives soon, but am glad the temporary heaters are helping you feel warmer. Thanks for sharing the encouraging verse, Becky. xx

Linda W. said...

That's wonderful you still have your favorite childhood doll. I'm glad you and your family survived all the winter weather too. I was never so glad to see rain! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love that doll! So adorable and wonderful that you still have it :) We've been chilly around here, too, as we are unable to use our furnace because we suspect that some duct work has come apart under that house. Thankful we have a wood stove, but it is tiny and doesn't keep up with the cold when it gets in the single digits. Thankful it is warming up now around here, even though it is snowing as I type this ;) Hope your part for the furnace comes in soon!