Thursday, January 5, 2017

Photo & Life Challenges


Life has had its challenges this week, more than the 52 week Photo Challenge I decided to join on Facebook. The Photo Challenge is a different topic each week. This week was wet. I decided to use the strainer after Sunday's lunch since spaghetti had been drained after cooking. Phil helped with holding and tipping the strainer a bit and added some color. It took a few tries to get the photo I wanted. The man who has the challenge going is from England, in same area where I used to live, years ago. No prizes, just posts to see other people's photos. My friend, Tina, tagged me on Facebook and that's how I knew about it. I will be posting each week's challenge photo here on my blog.

 The bigger challenge this week was when I found out that a church family apparently died in their house early Tuesday morning. Their house and 2 other buildings on their property were set on fire. As of right now, nobody knows who or why or what happened. Investigators found 5 bodies within the house today that were consistent with the family count. One adult male, one adult female and 3 children. The autopsies are being performed for ID to make sure who the people actually are. It saddens our hearts as we know this family and can only speculate what has happened. We have taught all 3 of their dear children in children's church. It's really hard to fathom this loss.at.all!  Your prayers are greatly appreciated for the Kroeker family's loss and friends. Thank you!


"How precious is thy steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of thy house, and thou givest them drink from the river of thy delights. For with thee is the fountain of life; in thy light do we see light." 
Psalm 36:7-9

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your church friends Becky. I have been following the story...so incredibly sad! I pray that God will bring peace to their family and friends. May God give great wisdom to those who are investigating also.
God bless you and yours,
Aimee

Betsy said...

Becky, that is just horrible news. I can't even begin to imagine such a horrible tragedy. My prayers go out to you, their family and your church family. On a happier note I'm looking forward to seeing your photos over the next 52 weeks. You're very talented my friend. Blessings, Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Aimee has said what is in my heart for you as well, Becky...

You are off to a good start with your photo challenge, and thanks for the verse that helps me, too, cope with the vastly different challenges that are part of life. xx

mamasmercantile said...

Becky what an awful thing to happen, such a sad loss of life. Know that you and their family/friends will be in my prayers. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Linda W. said...

I heard about the fire in the news. So tragic that the entire family perished.

Teresa Kasner said...

I've been following the story of that family on the news.. what an awful thing.. so sorry that they were your friends as I know how badly this affected you. Here's a hug for you. ((HUG)) Teresa :-)

Kathy said...

I like the picture you took for "Wet" and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

I am shocked and so very sorry for the loss of your church family. I can't imagine anyone wanting to do something like that. I hope the person responsible is caught and punished. My prayers for the family and all the friends who will miss them so terribly.

Mereknits said...

Becky, there are just no words to say with such an unnecessary tragedy. How can people be so cruel? It is beyond my imagination how something this horrible can happen, but it does. I am sending you and the family and friends of these people love and kindness, bless your heart as you and your church family move through this tragedy.

Terri Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry about your church family! That's awful! Plus, I didn't realize you lived in England before! Are you from there originally?