Sunday, January 15, 2017

Transportation Week 2 of Photo Challenge

 Photo challenge I took was on the interstate going home last weekend after we met up with family in the Milwaukie area for a birthday brunch. Just cold, above freezing when we left our house down south. Took us 45 minutes to get there. When we left there was snow sticking on the parking lot. Once we got close to West Linn area, ice and snow really developed and caused driving to be challenging. Phil was driving as I don't like driving on ice/snow. We made to I-5 slower than normal. A semi-truck passed us close to this ODOT reader board. We got home an hour after we left Bob's Red Mill! That was a relief and thankful we weren't any of those people over in the ditch! The photo is grey because that's how it was! 

==================================================



 Tuesday night the snow was falling in huge, lazy flakes that covered the ground barely before I went to bed. Next morning these two scenes were taken on my phone from inside the garage! I was 1/2 hour late to work..because I had to be up early and not sure of the roads into work. I made it ok and thankful the semi truck behind me stayed a good distance away from me.  Phil and Megan stayed home from work as the roads north and south on the interstate weren't good at all. We were busy at the hardware store. Late in the week there was no ice melt to be had. Apparently more came in later Friday. Good thing but now we don't need it much. Well, it's Sunday and there's still snow on sidewalks and side roads. It's been freezing all week. Tues we are to get rain and temps to 50 degrees?! What? Portland area got at least a foot of snow by Wed! Still icy as Phil went there for a work party last evening. I decided to stay home. Can't complain too much as this has been an interesting winter so far!


Ice from fountain outside dr clinic in town on Friday.
You know it's cold when there's still ice in the little bit of water that pools in our garage at 12:30 p.m. on Friday afternoon when I went out shopping.  I've enjoyed the beauty of the snow and ice. Little sparkles in snow as I walked to mailbox yesterday. Lovely sunsets a couple evenings. Thankful for cozy boots to keep feet warm and furnace blower that didn't go out! Of course it happens when it's so cold out. Phil fixed it in the middle of the night and has ordered a new blower. I bought 2 small heaters in case we need them if it heat goes out. Megan uses one in her bedroom as she's a chilly chickadee!!  
Happy week my friends and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The weather does not look good, you are certainly having a hard time of it this tear. Stay warm and safe.

Betsy said...

I am so ready for warmer weather. We're supposed to get up to 40F tomorrow. First time over freezing in over a month and its wry welcome. Glad you've stayed safe my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

The snow was fun for the first couple of days, but now I'm ready for it to melt! Driving has been challenge on our icy, rutted streets.

Gracie Saylor said...

Such pretty photos, but the driving is treacherous on the side roads around here still. I had a flat tire on the way to church Sunday, got rescued, drove the car to Les Schwab and left it there until they put on new tires today. Hope you and yours are safe and warm and happy. xx

Kathy said...

These are beautiful pictures, especially the fountain. But the roads look treacherous. I hate driving in ice and snow and stay home as much as possible when the roads are covered. Glad you made it back and forth to work OK. Be careful out there and try to stay warm.

Mereknits said...

I know it is a bit treacherous but it is really beautiful. Stay safe.