Sunday, February 26, 2017

About Days

 Last week while out and about, I looked for unusual things, as stated in my previous post. This cement frog at Baumans struck me happy to see him...laughing, or trying to croak? He made me smile.
 as did this metallic flower. Maybe I'll buy next time. The store was closed so I couldn't this time. I seem to be a kind of person who likes fun stuff in my lawn and not just flowers. At least this one I don't need to water!
 I couldn't see a sign for this plant that has been shaped and will be hanging down as it grows.
 At home Wed evening,  I was looking through my flowers one last time before they went to the trash. The roses were all wilted. I turned the vase and look here! One of the stargazer lilies bloomed. Well, maybe I'll keep it! A couple others looked like they would bloom, but no,....I wound up taking all of them to the trash next a.m. I'd had a headache all day Wed. and not sure why.  I woke up early Thurs a.m. and went into the kitchen to get a snack....went back to bed and my head started hurting. Oh my, it's the lily that did it. Both my daughter and I have issues with them...so they left, with the wilted roses. But I enjoyed the ones we had early on without the pistals, which give off less or no scent.

 Friday was my day off. I was so tired Thursday evening and went to bed at 11. I slept relatively well. But didn't wake up til 10 a.m.! Whoa! I really needed the sleep. I got a few things done then headed to Keizer Station for a few places to shop. I saw this book by Dr. Suess, at Target near check out. I laughed and picked up the book to puruse it...."you  can do all these (specific) things....but I'm not going to get up today!"  {HA....almost like me!} Actually I should have bought it as my grandchildren would have liked it!

 My finds at Cost Plus World Market, before I went to Target...I had a gift card I received from Justin and family and a birthday "gift" from World Market of 15% off my total purchase.  Typhoo tea I enjoy drinking...I like the caffeinated one as well, but don't use it as much as this one. Two more luncheon plates to add to my dinnerware, chocolate chips, and hummus. Can't find this hummus in jars any more. I've noticed there's been many recalls on hummus and so we wind up buying a couple different brands at grocery store. Sigh! Can't buy any that have been close to shellfish. Megan's allergic to it. And I got her started on hummus and she likes it with chips. It is delicious!
 My first knitting project of the year is a basket weave dish cloth. I'm nearly done with it! Notice the little marker? It's from Betsy and it shows me how far I've got done. It's cute. I have to keep in something so I don't lose it once this project is done. My next project is a small quilt for my granddaughter's 9th birthday. I need to get to sewing on it. May is coming soon!

I forgot to show you my planner I bought late Dec, early Jan. I'm really enjoying it. It's been quite the year already...what with losing friends at the very beginning of the new year. Then me being down sick for a few weeks. But God is good and has been there through the struggles. 

Here's a cookie I made for a friend's birthday. Behind it is my open planner. I put tabs on the top so I'd know where the different sections are. Easier than thumbing through it. I bought the planner as part of my gift from a co-worker...we drew names. I got a gift card to TJMaxx/Home Goods. Other item I got was a exercise mat.  It's still rolled up but I will use it soon. Yes. I exercise but not always on the floor!



  Today was the last week for Phil and I to work with MV Express with the children. We'll be off two months then teach in May. Cindy shared a drawing about the armor of God and talked about why it's important to have God in our lives.  I enjoy her drawings so much and her gifted spirit for teaching the children. She and Jeremy have 5 boys.  This month I only helped Phil teach once because of my horrible virus that kept me down. {Yes, I'm feeling better.} We teach 3 Sundays then help out on the 4th one. He helped Jenny with cooking. Today I helped with pre-kindergarten children. 14 children and one teacher,,,,,and then later another lady came in. It was fun with drawing around the little hands. I was working with a little girl, Kiki, who has downs syndrome and she was not wanting to put her hands on the paper. So I put my right hand on the paper and I had her draw around it...then I finally got her to put her left hand on paper and I helped her draw around it. No, the glue stick isn't lipstick! Finally we got it done.   Peyton wanted to know if I still had my cough. It was fun to watch them play. Good thing there was another big person chair. I did try to sit on the little chairs but oh dear me!!!
This month's story was doubting Thomas from John 20:19-31.

 Memory verse of the month:
"I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants." Psalm 85:8

 Our weekend has been good so far...weather was nice with sun and clouds on Sat. when Phil and I were out to World of Speed car museum. We finally got to go after all the weeks of cold and snow. He enjoyed it very much. I'll share that with you soon. Today there's been rain and wintery mixture showers. No walk for me!  I've got a few things to from last year to post. Soon! Really! Have a good week my friends! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I loved the metal flower and am often drawn to similar ones in the Garden Centre locally they have some terrific glass ones too. Sounds like you needed some sleep and am hoping that you are now feeling a whole lot better. Take care.

Mereknits said...

Sounds like a busy week Becky. Love that you had the time,and patience to work with those little ones.

Betsy said...

You have definitely had a busy week my friend. I like that metal flower too...no watering. I had to remove the pistols from the stargazer flowers I bought at Trader Joe's. They gave both of us headaches and stuffy noses. It was much better after I removed them. I made the progress keeper for you and was hopeful that you didn't already have a bunch of them. Your dishcloth is looking beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful week my sweet friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, you have been one busy gal, Becky! I saw a similar frog at the flower show - they sure are cute! Lilies give me headaches, too and make the Mr. sneeze and sneeze so can't have them in the house. I did grow some one year and they are easy to grow. Like your big cookie and your pretty knitting. So nice of you to help out with the little ones. Those little chairs are hard to get out of, though :) Hope you can catch up on your rest and feel better soon. Sending hugs xo Karen

Teresa Kasner said...

Goodness.. sorry the smell of that lily made you ill. I love them but they are very aromatic. I'm glad you're better. I love the color of your cloth you're knitting.. hot pink! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)