Sunday, February 5, 2017

Bird Sighting on a Better Day

 Another week has arrived. A new month. My birthday month. The month I've had 2 sick days from work. This morning I pulled back the covers after Phil left for church and ate some breakfast. Did some Bible study work...The Broken Way, by Ann Voskamp. Then decided to clear out dishwasher. Bird fluttering around outside my kitchen window drew my closer. Birds I'd not seen here made me watch them and another common bird, toss about moss on garage roof, looking for bugs. Could I actually get one of these birds photographed? I quickly went and pulled out camera and attached zoom lens. Ever so quietly unlocked the door and opened it ever so slowly. Stopped. Opened.....this is one of two photos that came out fine. Varied thrush is what they are, like a robin but different markings. This one is either female or a young,  immature thrush, as stated in bird book.

This bird was further up in the tree and best I could do before it flew away. As you can see it's wet and somewhat cold. I enjoyed something new today. Thank you Lord for brightening my day with birds you created. The creativity in me to grab my camera and photograph and share. I must be feeling better. Then I made lunch of spaghetti we usually have on Sunday.  Phil came home and helped me some. Then  he did the dishes, which was sweet.  Megan's home now and watching the last of the Portland Trail Blazers game. We're not watching the super bowl. 

I've not been blogging much lately except for 52 week photo challenge. Being sick has taken up all my time. Tuesday I slept most of the day away...which was unbelievable. Had trouble with balance that day as well. Megan had the same thing happen to her when she had this virus. I did a bit of decluttering on my night stand and yarn area in living room. Started my first knitting project too!  So no work all week. Headed back tomorrow and hopefully I will last the whole day!  January itself was a hard month, emotionally for us and our church body. Slowly moving through the grief. Peace has flooded my soul recently as I read various scriptures about peace and the Lord who gives it. I'm ready to move on!  

"The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

"I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants." Psalm 85:8

"For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation......" Ephesians 2:14-18

 Thanks for your kind comments and prayers. Have a blessed week, my friends!!

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

We've had lots of birds visiting our feeder too! The cold weather makes them extra hungry I guess. Hope you kick that nasty virus and are feeling better soon!

mamasmercantile said...

I hope you are feeling better Becky and are able to celebrate your Birthday month with enthusiasm and good health. Take care.

Mereknits said...

I have been sick too, it has been miserable. I worked last week when I should not have done so, I am still tired! Rest up Becky!

Betsy said...

What a pretty bird and I'm glad you were feeling better and able to get us a beautiful photo of it. I hope you make it through the day at work today and that this week is much better for you Becky. I've been reading a lot about God's peace also. We need to learn to rest in Him. I'm not very good at that. Blessings, Betsy