Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Door: Week 5 Photo Challenge

Phil and I went up to Mt Angel Abbey on Sunday afternoon to seek out door photos. I knew there would  be one somewhere. This is the bell tower door at the Abbey Church.
**************

My week is interesting but not fun to say the least. I had to report for jury duty on Monday in Salem. I was not selected to be on the jury. Good thing as it was going to be a 3 day trial. Little did I know how sick I would be on Tues. I felt awful and slept the day away. I'm feeling somewhat better today though. A virus is within me and I'm hoping to feel better soon. I've missed two days from work by being sick and one for jury duty. Sigh! This is unusual for me. Prayers appreciated.


6 comments:

Linda W. said...

I thought that brickwork looked familiar! My son spent 6 years at Mt Angel and we visited often. Nice photo of the door, and I hope you are recovering from your illness.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite places to visit! So peaceful there and the church is beautiful! So sorry you caught a virus-I'll include you in my prayers tonight.
Blessings,
Aimee

mamasmercantile said...

Sending you a hug and know that you will certainly be in my prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Kathy said...

So sorry you are feeling badly. Viruses seem to creep up on us unexpectedly and don't want to leave. I hope and pray you feel better soon.

I love that door. It's so interesting.

Betsy said...

That is a pretty door. I'm so glad you weren't selected for jury duty since you've gotten so sick. I hope today is a better one for you and you're on the mend. You'll be in my prayers my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

LOVE this door! So beautiful. A perfect quote to go with the picture is Matt 7:7 Knock and it will be opened to you. A great reminder of His faithfulness. Prayers for your quick recovery my friend. Looking forward to the next post.
Tamara