Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Valentine's Bday 2017

 February brings a few holidays and birthdays to celebrate. Here's the bulletin from church on Sunday. Both Phil and I received a little bag of chocolate since we worked with the children's church. Sweet! Napkin was from loving table at church. I got it afterwards and was still able to find a goodie, even though it wasn't a mini chocolate cupcake. A pink one was just fine!


 Phil and I went to Red Robin on Sunday evening to eat and I got my free birthday burger there. I fiddled with the color/lighting on this photo...enhance it for purple color for my birthday! Why not have fun as it's not always my birthday and because I can!
 My free birthday sundae! At Red Robin...YUMM!
 The pansies and primroses were out over the weekend and I grabbed three pansies to bring home with me. Primroses tend to get eaten by the slugs around here. Usually don't bug the pansies!

 Monday evening Phil walked in with this big vase of roses and lilies. There's 15 roses. Only a couple of lilies have opened. I've had him take out the pistals of the lilies so I don't get headaches and sneeze so much. The roses themselves are fragrant and so pretty. I moved them into the kitchen as it takes so much room up our table. There is a table in the kitchen. It will be out of the way for our get together on Sat! Family is coming over for pizza and cake/ice cream! It's been awhile since we've done anything for my birthday with family.
 A Pioneer Woman apron and towels I got from my friend Tamara for my birthday! The apron matches a mug she gave me another time! I enjoy PW items. One of the fun gifts I got for my birthday!
 Tuesday after I got off work, Phil, Megan and I met up at Dennys so I could have my free grand slam meal. They ate too! Then we came home and an hour later we had chocolate chip cake. I'd picked it up at KFC on Monday to make sure there'd be one for me! Here's Megan bringing out the cake. I really like it and nobody had to make it here at home. Been busy! This grandma needs cake on her birthday!
 This knitted blue hat I'm wearing is from my dearest, old girlfriend, Beth, who's 3 days older than me. She knitted one for me, one for our friend Laura, who's birthday is on the 2nd and Beth made one for herself, all in different colors. Mine has a ceramic sheep on it. We had sheep on the farm when I was growing up. Beth said to remember us when I wear it. It also came with a cup cozy! Sweet! I love surprises!

I had Monday off as a vacation day from work. It was  beautiful day out and ran a few errands in the sunshine and saw the lovely Mount Hood with its lovely coat of snow! It was 57 degrees out. I'd worn a long sleeved top and pulled on my sweater coat. But I finally took sweater off as it was too warm to wear even outside!  Tuesday I went back to work and it was a good day, even though I was still tired from being under the weather, so to speak. My co-workers were so kind and a few bought me some chocolate! I've not eaten all of it yet!
     
Phil did take me to urgent care in Oregon City on Sat. It's a ways to go by myself when I'm not feeling up to driving. Closest one that our insurance with allow us to use. My lungs are ok, no pneumonia and had a chest xray to make sure. I'm on my last day of prednisone, which really helps me out when I get this sick. I don't know why I don't remember to get in when I was sick earlier but didn't think I was that bad. NOT!  My leg rash is much better with a different over the counter cream. I'm so thankful for your prayers for my health. It's been a struggle! I was able to sleep without the aid of mucus med last night and Phil said I coughed maybe a couple times! A couple cough drops before bedtime helped!

Weatherwise, it's been cloudy since Tues and then it started raining last evening and most of the day today. Rivers are full and places are flooding. Sold 4 sump pumps at the hardware store today. 
Have a good week, what's left of it and take good care!

"Thou dost keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in thee. Trust in the Lord for ever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4

9 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am so thrilled that you had so many Birthday treats and some more to look forward to. You are still in my prayers regarding your health, hopefully you will feel better soon. Take care.

Kathy said...

Happy, happy birthday! You are like me, the celebration lasts more than one day. I'm so sorry you are still sick. Praying for you to feel better soon.

Betsy said...

Happy BIrthday again Becky! It sounds as if you've had quite the ongoing celebration with even more to come. Good for you. Purple and chocolate. You're my kind of girl! :-). I hope you've received my card by now. I sent several cards to friends with birthdays this month but they don't seem to be receiving them in a timely manner. One was just across town and it took 6 days! We're having lots of flooding here too, but we still have lots and lots of snow in our yard. Have a lovely weekend of celebration.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Yummy cake! Glad you had a good birthday.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you had a most enjoyable birthday! Your goodies all look yummy and it is SO good to see some pansies again (I am so over this winter)! Have a blessed weekend!
God bless you.
Aimee

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Becky! It looks like there were a lot of fun celebrations and gifts and cake and family times! I'm glad it was a good one for you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday Becky. It sounds like you were appropriately spoiled. So sorry you have been so ill. I have had a much milder version for three weeks, it just does not want to go away!

Elizabeth said...

A Happy Belated Birthday Blog Friend! My cousin has a Valentine Birthday too! Sounds like your day was full of fun.

Elizabeth said...

PS: I'm a PW fan too!