Thursday, March 2, 2017

Metal: Week 9 Photo Challenge

Over the weekend, Phil and I went to the World of Speed car museum in Wilsonville. I found a few cars to photograph while Phil read just about every sign in there. It was an amazing day out. My pick for the challenge was this 1956 Kurtis 500G Roadster. It's a Daytona Steel Foundry Special #77. Engine is 225 ci Offenhauser. I spoke with a man whose cousin or nephew drove this car. He was so happy to see it. He and his wife were down from Seattle, WA visiting. It was an amazing day to see so many cars from the past to near present. I read some history I'd not known before as well. I'll save that for another post.
=================================

My second favorite is this 1950 Scarab American Formula race car, out of California. I like the blue color. Scarab in Egyptian means lucky beetle. In those Mummy movies they didn't look like luck to me at all! 
It was hard to take good photos without moving around and not get all 
the reflection of the lights on the cars. 
Now it's off to get dishes done, drink some tea and last piece of marrionberry pie. Hope the end of the week is going to be well for you! Thanks for your comments and reading my blog! 



2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a great picture for the Metal category. I would never have come up with a car. I'm enjoying your challenge. It's so interesting to see what the category is each week and what you've chosen to meet it.

Betsy said...

Nice pictures Becky. I've never been into cars but my siser and brother in law are crazy for all cars and especially NASCAR. I'm most interested in the end of your post. Marionberry pie. I've never had it but it sure sounds good right now with a nice hot cup of tea. I hope you're all recovered from your ickies my friend.
Blessings always,
Betsy